Chapter 6

Ravenblaze followed the scent carefully. It smelled like a cat, but had no Clan smell.

She could finally make out a fluffy red pelt about a tree-length away. She cautiously stepped towards the cat, their fluffy fur length becoming recognizable. They stood awfully close to the AmberClan border, a place Ravenblaze was wary about going to When Cloudpaw recently took herbs from their territory the day before.

Ravenblaze slowed her pawsteps and came to a stop once she could clearly see the cat who was obviously ignoring her.

Should I even be doing this? Ravenblaze suddenly questioned her actions. Maybe I should tell Darkstar and the Clan. Her thoughts getting the best of her, Ravenblaze turned and hesitantly began to pace back towards camp, resisting the urge to glance back.

"Hey, you!" Ravenblaze's ears pricked as they heard the sharp, brisk offensive voice of the red-pelted she-cat. Ravenblaze turned her head, frown mid-step, to see if the cat was talking to her. When their eyes met, the cat repeated, "Yeah, you! Get over here!"

Eh, I could handle a rogue on my own anyway, Ravenblaze decided as she cautiously walked towards the possible rogue.

She stopped when the two she-cats were a few mouse-lengths apart. The rogue had a sharp expression covering her face, and Ravenblaze did the same.

"Who are you?" The rogue asked, her voice toned down a bit but still stinging. There was a hint of curiosity in her voice.

Ravenblaze's eyes turned to slits in despise, wether it be from instinct or free will. "I have the same question, rogue," Ravenblaze defensively returned.

Ravenblaze looked down at the she-cat who was shorter and probably younger than her, but the russet-colored cat didn't back down. Her sharp, light amber eyes were blazing. "How dare you call me a rogue!" She blurted, her offense clearly over-exaggerated. She began to circle around Ravenblaze, her already-fluffy fur beginning to rise. Ravenblaze only turned to face the defensive cat as she moved slowly around her.

"I'm a loner," the loner growled. "I don't want to get into conflicts, but will have to if needed."

"We don't have to fight," Ravenblaze told her as calmly as she could. "I'm a Clan cat."

The loner smiled jokingly when Ravenblaze implied her Clan life briefly. "Clan life used to be the life for me," the loner said. "But not anymore.

"I think I've said enough. Tell me more about you," the loner slyly finished.

"I don't even know your name," Ravenblaze stammered. She began to actually calm down a bit when she knew this cat was only a loner, posing no threat.

"Russet, if you're going to be so nosy about it," Russet told her. "You are?"

"Russet, get off the moor!" Ravenblaze spat. Why should she let a loner remain on SnowClan territory.

"If you insist, I'll leave," Russet decided. "But I'll be back. Don't tell me otherwise. I don't need much prey to feed myself, and SnowClan's prey has been very abundant. What harm will my minimum hunting do?"

Ravenblaze opened her jaw to reply, but Russet flicked her tail over her mouth to silence her. Ravenblaze spat out the fluffy fur on her tongue.

Before Ravenblaze could speak, Russet was walking across the AmberClan border, her head still turned towards Ravenblaze.

Ravenblaze turned and beaded back to camp. What an attitude, she thought.

Soon, Ravenblaze's paw pads felt the worn dirt as she squeezed through the thicket entrance to camp. Eelface was on guard, and he nodded to Ravenblaze as she padded in. She did the same to be polite. It was moonset, and Ravenblaze knew she'd have to get some sleep soon.

But first, she had to report Russet to Darkstar.

A/N
Sorry for the late and boring chapter. Even though I've planned out this book's whole plot line, I'm facing writer's block and was very unsure how to make this chapter interesting. I promise I'll try to give this book more liveliness soon.