Whats to Come Ahead

I wrote about 1,000 more words than I usually do so I hope you all enjoy this chapter! :-)

The Next Day

Uriah's Pov

I wake up to shuffling and then a freezing feeling. Someone dumped ice water on me!

"TRIS!" I yell and open up my eyes. "Why??" I cry.

"Because it's time to wake up! The results come out in an hour and I wanted to eat breakfast with you. Now get up and change! I'll be waiting outside." She sad and drops the bucket beside my bed and leaves.

I quickly stand up and get changed, then I head out to catch up with Tris. "Want a piggy back?" I get my answer with her jumping on my back.

"Onward!" I run down to the cafeteria as fast as I can, only slowing down to open the cafeteria doors, and then speeding up towards the food line.

She jumps off as we get our food and we walk back to our table where Zeke, Four, Mar, Chris, Lynn, and Shauna are eating.

"Good morning Tris!" Zeke smiles as she sits down next to him.

"What about me?" I whine as I sit across from him next to Marlene. I've liked her forever but I'm too much of a pansycake to admit it.

"Eh. Tris is much more fun. You're just an annoying boy." Zeke responds back and I fake pout while everyone else laughs.

Marlene wraps her arm around me and squeezes me in the shoulder. "It's okay Uri. All boys are annoying. Including Zeke," I laugh and start to eat my pancakes.

Once I'm done we all just hangout at the table until the ceremony is starting. Max goes up to the front and starts to make a speech but I zone out until he starts talking about the rankings.

"Now. I know you all have been waiting for this. The ranking will show up behind me and those who scored 10 or lower are in Dauntless," as soon as he says dauntless, the rankings appear.

1. Tris
2. Uriah
3. Lynn
4. Marlene
5 Peter
6. Will
7. Christina
8. John
9. Maggie
10. Michael

I was second! I'm really happy about that and I'm happy Tris got 1st, even if I wanted that spot. But hey! All of our friends made it and Peter's gang didn't! But sadly Peter did.

"Tris!! Great job!! I'm so happy for you!" I lift her up and spin her around in circles.

She giggles and I set her down. "It just shows I'm better than you!" She laughs and goes off to talk to her other friends.

"Good job Uri. I'm proud of you and Tris," Zeke comes up behind me and pats me on the back.

"Yea you guys knocked Peter down pretty far on the board," Four comes up from behind me and pats me in the other shoulder.

"Can I talk to you Uriah?" Four asks all of a sudden. His tone serious.

"Yea what's up?"

"Not here. Follow me."