Chapter 3

Tao started to walk towards the direction of the Cafe that they first met at. A cool breeze flew by, causing Tao to shiver slightly. It was late december although there wasn't any snow. He sighed and shoved his hands into his coat pockets to keep them warm as he entered the cafe, taking his hood down and looking around for Kris.

Kris saw Tao enter the cafe and stood up immediately and started to walk towards him.

"Hey" Kris said putting his hand on Tao's shoulder. Tao raised an eyebrow and smiled sheepishly. He looked at Kris with curious eyes.

"Hello" He said with a small voice, it was obvious he was nervous. Kris smiled and lead Tao to the table he was sitting at previously.

"Take a seat" Kris said with warm eyes. Tao sat down gently, not trying to hurt his already beat up and bruised body. Kris looked down, feeling guilt bubble inside of him. Kris sat across from Tao, trying to ignore the awkward silence between them. Tao looked up and made eye contact with Kris, he cleared his voice,

"I...er...did you mean it?" Tao stuttered out, blushing with embarrassment. Kris smiled a small bit, then shook his head.

"I honestly don't know" Kris quietly responded.

"Oh..."Tao said, feeling tears swell in his eyes, he didn't know why he felt like he was going to. Tao looked down, trying to hid his face from Kris, he was holding back tears, not knowing why he was feeling like this. Kris moved to the edge of his seat,

"Are you okay" Kris said with concern and slightly standing. Tao rubbed his eyes and looked back up,

"Im fine" Tao smiled fakely with a small giggle. Tao felt as if he was being torn apart from the inside. Kris intensely stared at Tao,

"No you're not..." Kris said with a sigh as he rested further into his seat, still looking at Tao.

"I have to use the restroom, excuse me" Tao said as he quickly stood up and walked to the restroom. With every step he felt a tear almost falling. He opened the bathroom and and quickly shut it behind him. He looked into the mirror, all these hateful thoughts popped in his head.

He doesn't like you, have you seen yourself?

He lost his head, the kiss meant nothing, stop taking it so serious.

Tao clenched his teeth, feeling the warm tears falling down his face. He fell to the floor, he couldn't stop crying, the thoughts kept popping in his head.

Useless.

Worthless.

Gross.

Fat.

Tao finally got ahold of himself and stood up, running to the sink and splashing water on his face. He patted his face dry with his shirt, he fixed his hair and headed towards the door, he opened the door and saw Kris who looked shocked.

"Oh..hi" Tao said with a fake smile again, and tried to walk past. Kris grabbed his arm and pulled his back,

"I know you're not okay..." Kris said with concern. He pulled Tao into the bathroom and locked the door. Tao moved against the wall and tried not to make eye contact with Kris, he watched as Kris slowly started to pace a bit.

"Kris...i'm really okay" Tao lied, trying to make Kris not worry about him, he hated to show his feeling to anyone, he felt as if they weren't valid. Kris stopped and looked Tao in the eyes, he quickly walked over to Tao and pinned his against the wall.

"No you're not..." Kris whispered in Tao's ear, then kissed Tao gently on the lips. Tao froze, hesitant about kissing back, he closed his eyes and gave in. Kris slowly loosened his grip on Taos wrist, Tao immediately moved his now free hands to the sides of Kris face, and pulled his closer. Kris places his hands on Taos waist, grasping his shirt and nudging it up slowly. Tao pulled away and looked down away from Kris, and bit his lip. Kris sighed and looked at Tao,

"Look at me" Kris kindly demanded. Tao lifted his head and looked Kris in the eyes, Taos eyes were swelled, it was obvious that he was crying.

"Why are you so sad" Kris asked looking at Tao, trying to figure him out. Tao bit his lip and smiled.

"Why does it matter" Tao implied. Kris placed his hand back on Taos face. Tao tilted his head so he could go deeper into Kris hand, trying to keep all his emotions hid. It wasn't working, Kris could see through it, Kris could see the pain and misery in Taos eyes, and Tao could see the same thing in his.

"I should probably get home..." Tao whispered. Kris nodded,

"I'll walk you home" Kris suggested as he adjusted his shirt. Kris and Tao walked out of the bathroom, trying not to draw attention to themselves. Kris walked ahead and held the door open for Tao, then proceeded out the door. Tao smiled, he looked at Kris, who was looking straight ahead. The thought of him and Kris kissing kept popping up in his head, he couldn't stop thinking about it, a small smile appeared on Taos face, and at the moment, Kris looked down at Tao and giggled,

"Why are you so happy about all of the sudden?" Kris joked at Tao, already knowing the answer.

"Oh nothing" Tao giggled. It felt weird, giggling and smiling, Tao liked the feeling of giggling, it was like all of the sudden he was happy and laughing was a way to show that.

"You're adorable" Kris chuckled as he grabbed Tao's hand. Tao didn't grab back immediately, all this positive physical contact was new, foreign even. Tao then intertwined their fingers and let out a small chuckle. He didn't want this to end, he wanted to hold on to Kris forever,he made him feel happy, something he missed very much.

They were close to where Tao was being dropped off, and Tao didn't want to be left alone. Tao turned to Kris,

"Would you like to c-come in?" Tao questioned Kris with a smiled that seemed to be permanently fixed on his face. Kris looked Tao in the eyes and nodded,

"How could I ever say no to that face" Kris joked using a baby voice. Tao giggled and continued to walk, leading Kris to his apartment. He opened the front door, completely ignoring his mother and showed their way to Tao's room and shut the door.