Hear Me Out...

You see the thing with the holiday's is always hard, but throwing in a nosey but loving mother and a protective sister, among other very close family members, things could get a little crazy. 

Am I right?

You see I have this friend whose name is not relevant at the moment, but here's a little backstory where I meet said friend.

I was dating his friend at the time and things were great when we met and then it was he was never home and this friend of mine I would call him to just talk and we ended up asking if he had seen his friend if he was with him by chance and he wasn't, so that lead to me getting worried and suspicious. So one night I had called my friend and we followed my so-called boyfriend at the time, to a skeezy motel on the edge of Vegas.

My friend did the driving because I was a nervous wreck. We pulled up to the motel and saw he had parked and was walking to a room, and it suddenly opened up to reveal his blonde with huge assets and cheap makeup. The woman had pulled him by the collar and kissed him for a very heated reunion. My friend had to keep me inside of his truck. 

We ended up leaving the second the woman closed the door behind them, leaving me a wreck. 

Long story short, I cried a lot that night broke up with that ass hat and soon after my friend helped me get over that loser and got me a job working at his museum and if he needed me to fill in other places I would. If he needed help with something I was there, needed a lift I drove, needed food picked it up, needed a dog walker done it, filled in when he didn't have someone to take photos for his show I was there, So basically I was the back up assistant.

Oh, and did I mention he had keys to my place some days I almost, yes almost regretted giving him those keys, like today.

I was upstairs just getting out of the shower and in my robe when I heard the keys in the lock. Coming to the top of the stairs drying my hair with my towel, was when he walked through while talking on the phone. 

"Yes mom, No no one special yet look I just got home I need to take Gracie out and get her feed, ok uh huh love you too bye" he said and hung up his phone sighing.

I came to the bottom of the stairs and went to speak when he did first. 

"Got all spiffy for me?" he smiled.

"oh yah sure ya know long day for me and my grulling boss barking orders all day long at me " I smiled joking with him, but when he frowned I frowned too. "Hey what's up I was only joking, I love helping you" I told him.

"It's nothin...." he shook his head and I lightly took his arm. 

"Hey it's not nothing, tell me come on we've been through enough to not keep things from each other" I said "Are you in trouble? did you have a gf who's in trouble?" I asked. 

He just shook his head. 

"What is it then?" I asked softly rubbing his arm. 

"My mom won't stop hounding me for christmas" He said. 

"Well go christmas if a fun time of year" I said.

"Yah but year after year going alone..It really doesn't bother me, but what does is my mom and sister's constant when are you going to bring someone every year almost everytime I see them and I just want to make them stop for a short  while." he said.

"Ok, well I know that feeling just not as bad I just get the looks like why are you still single after you know who it's been long enough, No kids yet? it's all the same, so I know what you're going though." I told him stepping off the las step and going into the kitchen and putting some water on for some hot tea.