John Shelby

He was sweet, to you. Only to you. Because behind the beautiful boyish face of John Shelby was a lifetime of nightmares and a billions secrets just waiting to be revealed. For now though, you allowed moments of stillness in which you didn't question his scars or bruising but concentrated on his laughter and kindness.

"Fuck me it's cold!" John shouts this out without shame, stumbling the streets, a drunken mess some would say. You in tow giggle at his loud manner and trip over your own feet as you struggle to keep up. "Oh, (Y/N) you are pretty." Your face burns under his words as compliments seemed to be a rarity these days. He was always busy with 'business' and that made you sad, although of course, you'd never admit that to him.

"You're bleedin' drunk, Mr Shelby." Is your quick reply, struggling to hold the Shelby you end up leaning on a house wall for support only to be trapped in seconds by the half aware man. You freeze, the compromising position leaves you surrendering to his close proximity. A hand in either side of your head John laughs lightly, his head leaning against yours. The strong smell of tobacco doesn't put you off him but only draws you in closer, it's been a while since the two of you have been so close, you missed it.

"I'm sorry I'm working all the time." You expect his words to be slurred and are positively surprised when they aren't.

"It's okay..." trailing off you know your words aren't true, just wanting to make him feel better you draw his lips down to yours. "We've only been together a short while, I don't expect a lot so soon." This was true. Meeting John in the typical circumstances of the Peaky Blinders, your brother had managed to piss Tommy Shelby off and therefore had a good beating for it. After that you and John became close, you were the only woman in his life that called him a dickhead -other than his aunt and sister-and he loved your passion and protective side.

"Go on, (Y/N) I just know you want to call me a fucking dickhead agen." He teases you with a small smile and you laugh quietly.

"You're a dickhead, John Shelby." Looking at him now he smiles, bringing your lips to his you fall into the kiss and it quickly becomes heated, hair pulling and lip biting caused moans of pleasure to erupt from your throat and it was only when Tommy fucking Shelby interrupted your passionate embrace that you decided it was best to pull apart.

"Fuck off, Tom." John was so drunk he dared to speak to Tommy like that. Tommy, knowing this didn't react only gave you a knowing glare.

"I thought you stopped the drinking." The accusation in his voice made you scoff as you detached away from your drunken mess of a partner. Shoving him easily on Tommy you laugh now.

"He's a fucking Shelby, you're all drunk at bloody breakfast. This is nothing." The comment about the Shelbys almost made Tommy crack a smile and you'd figured you were off the hook for letting his brother get in this state.

"He really loves you, you know?" Tommy speaks the words you want to hear and you turn red in embarrassment.

"I sure hope so, Mr Shelby"