Arthur Shelby

"Ugh, here he comes, Arthur fucking Shelby" You groan this under your breath as the man you once loved and now despised entered the little shop you worked in. Tapping your fingers impatiently as he pretended to look around you got more and more irritated by the second. It was obvious he was here to see if what he was hearing was true, you heard the whispers yourself; "oh my god, (Y/N) is back from London, maybe she's pregnant" the first was truth, the second was a lie. You weren't pregnant but you were back, unfortunately.

"Why don't you like him?" The girl beside you asked, staring at Arthur, you tried not to get jealous by the look he gave her in return. "He's cute"

"He's a dickhead."

The girl beside you just giggles in response and you roll your eyes. He must've plucked up the courage to speak to you because all of a sudden he was standing in front of you with a face like a smacked arse.

"(Y/N)" He acknowledges your presence and smirks at your silence. "What, no hello for your husband?"

"You ain't no husband of mine." Is all you respond, he flinches at your tone.

"Don't shoot, only need some stuff for aunt poll" He holds up his hands in what could he called innocence but you knew he was anything but.

"Shooting implies caring." You fire back, snatching the items from his hands roughly. "I'm over the banter, Arthur, I would really just prefer you to piss off." With that sentence you hear a small gasp in shock sound from beside you.

"(Y/N)!" The girl begins to chide you but you flip her off. She gets the message and shuts her mouth awkwardly walking away and occupying herself with something but staying just close enough to listen in.

"I'm sorry, (Y/N)." You look up to meet the eyes of the man who broke your heart. "About your Mam." Your heart clenches and the familiar wave of sadness flows over your body at the thought of the reason you were back, it makes you want to cry.

"Her name was Sandra, wasn't it?" And with your brick wall coming up full force you smirk, "The woman you shagged behind my back?" He glares at the reminder but you see guilt in his eyes as he looks to the floor in shame.