Warned

"That isn't an answer!...I know you are going through your own trial right now but this really sucks, this place is awful. They really hate me in here now they know I'm wealthy, I got spat at in the showers today...Please I am begging you, get me out of here....Use your influence!...yeah I know but-...wait I-...yes ok...love you daddy, goodbye". Jennie sighed as she slammed the phone that was hung up on the wall, disturbing inmates next to her that were calling their loved ones. Jennie had hoped her father could do something to speed up the legal process, she hoped his guilt over getting her in trouble would be enough but he wasn't prepared to take responsibility, instead blaming other executives of the board for his daughter's imprisonment. 

"Any luck?" Rosé asked watching attentively as Jennie sat down next to her in the food hall, Nayeon sitting across from them both. "Nope, he's being aloof as always. And the lawyers representing me are technically his, so they're more focussed on saving his ass right now" the brunette groaned before taking a sip of cheap coffee. Nayeon leaned forward "Then why don't you hire other lawyers? I mean if they're too busy then it isn't in your best interest right?". Jennie nodded while she swallowed the coffee, gently placing the white metal mug back onto the table "Yup that is precisely what I've been telling my dad ever since my own trial started last year, I have my own personal lawyer, a friend of mine who I went to university with but my dad refused to let me use him, insisting on his own team. I guess he just wanted the best for me but...". "Buuuut?" Nayeon and Rosé both said in unison. Jennie sighed with her head down facing her food, that she was swirling around with a chopstick, "I don't know, I just don't think they did a very good job while defending me which is weird because they're supposed to be the best legal team in the country but my own lawyer called them every bad word you can think of when he visited me the other week, listing all the things they did wrong and what he would of done better. He said it was like they weren't even trying. I don't want to defy my dad but Namjoon doesn't think my current legal team are doing their jobs properly and as both my lawyer and close personal friend, I'm inclined to believe him".  The two girls next to Jennie looked at each other furrowing their eyebrows, "Why wouldn't they do their jobs properly and why would your dad let them represent you if that was the case?" Rosé whispered. Jennie puffed her cheeks out "I don't know, maybe they just decided to prioritise my dad and that's why. A lot of things don't add up".

"Ugh could she be any grosser" Nayeon uttered looking over in the distance. Jennie and Rosé both turned around to see Lisa across the food hall, wrapping her arms around the neck of Jimin, one of the young new wardens. The warden was clearly enjoying her rather unpleasant display of flirtation, he blushed as she bit her lip gazing into his eyes before a senior warden came and made her go back to her table, scolding his younger colleague who was watching Lisa's ass as she walked away. "Wait Lisa's straight?" Jennie asked her friends, confused. "Is there a scientific name for fucking anything that moves? Because that's Lisa's sexuality" Nayeon scoffed. Rosé nodded "Lisa has been all over Jimin for months since he started working here, poor guy has no idea what he's getting himself into".

As her two friends talked Jennie only pretended to listen, her concentration mostly on the blonde in the distance, sitting with her gang. Jennie couldn't help but smile when Lisa laughed, she looked so sweet and innocent, it made the brunette feel warm and fuzzy to witness. Still not heeding the warnings of her friends and other inmates, Jennie was becoming utterly fascinated with Lisa Manoban, in her upper class background she spent most of her life surrounded by older stuffy men in suits, the girlfriends she had over the years were spoiled rich girls who cared for nothing more than if their hair was still in season, Jennie had never come across someone like Lisa before. Lisa didn't seem too bad when her gang wasn't around, Jennie started to wonder if approaching Lisa when the Thai was on her own would be a good way to get to know her.