Solana Rowe

I looked up confused hearing Jabril's name from Anaya. I peeked my head around the corner seeing his tall frame at the door. I rolled my eyes and got up from my bed walking to the front where he was. I was wearing my Hillman U shorts and a crop top with my fuzzy slippers. I leaned against the wall and folded my arms. He looked at me up and down with that ugly smirk that I used to fall for.

"Is there a reason why you're here Jabril?" I asked annoyed with him even being here. "How long we gonna keep putting on this act Sza? Hm?" He smiled. I immediately rolled my eyes. "JB don't even start." I walked away from him and his nonsense and sat back on my bed. He chuckled and followed behind me.

"Dont you got some whore to go entertain?" I asked. He laughed. "Whores?"

I nodded. "Man Solana, you know what time im on. I been on." He grabbed my hands making me stand up and stand between his legs. I kept my arms crossed still unamused by him.

"So like I asked before, when are we gonna stop this act?" He asked again pulling me closer to him. He let his fingers glide against my skin causing chills to run up and down my spine. Truth is, Jabril and I have been talking lowkey. And i mean low low LOW key. Yes we have our past but he's also not who he used to be. This man sitting before me now is a straight hoe. And one thing about me, I don't do drama. Especially not over no dick. So yeah we go on little dates away from campus and maybe I do get the dick from time to time. But going public with him will take a miracle from God before I do that.

"We've talked about this. When you stop entertaining these girls and prove to me you're really ready for a relationship. We can talk about it more. But until then its just gonna be what it's been." I said then shrugged. He tilted his head and nodded.

"Aight."

"Im not even finn- wait what?" I said completely caught off guard by his response.

" I said aight. That's what it takes then aight."
I stared at him with my eyes squinted unsure if this was really happening.

"Aight?"
He smirked and shrugged again.

"Say less."

Later that day, as I was walking to the fashion design studio, I ran into Meech. No lie Meech was fine hunny. And he was focused on the future of his career.

"Where you heading?" He asked as we walked through the student union.

"I'm actually heading toward the fashion studio. Wanted to get some work in."

He nodded putting his hands in his pockets. "Mind if I join you? I mean walking you there of course."

I smiled at his nervousness and nodded. "Yeah, I could use the company. And plus the studio is for visual arts and fashion majors. They have a dope photography room."

He smiled. "Cool." We spent a good 2 hours in the studio and it was really a breath of fresh air. His energy was so chill and pure. Most guys around here just want to smash. But Meech was different. We talked about our backgrounds and what we hope to accomplish. He really is a sweet guy.

Afterwards, we stopped by The GOAT bar and Kitchen since it was happy hour. Like who could pass up a good happy hour? We were seated pretty fast and the first thing we both reached for was the drink menu. Our hands touched and we both chuckled nervously.

"My bad. You can go 'head." He smiled. I blushed and looked at the menu.

"What's good here? I hear people talk about it all the time." He said once I slid him the menu.

"Well, I heard the Sunshine Delight was pretty good. I think that's what im gonna get. Its like Orange Juice, Vodka and Pineapple Juice."

He scrunched his face up. "You must he a vodka girl?" He joked. I laughed.

"Something like that. What? you dont like it?" I asked.

"Nah man. Im more of a Whiskey guy. Tequila every now and then." He said making eye contact with me. I blushed and looked away.

"Welcome to The GOAT. My name is Amauri, what can I get started for you guys?" Our waitress said.

"I'll do the Sunshine Delight." I ordered.

"I'll try the Tequila Sunrise." The waitress wrote our drinks down and walked away.

"I know that aint who I think it is!" I heard from behind me already knowing who big mouth it was, Lorielle, the biggest mouth on campus. I bet y'all can guess her major. That's right, Journalism. Her parents were stupid rich. Her step dad was Mr. Steve Harvey.

"Hey Lori." I said dryly. She smiled scooting me over so she could sit.
"Sorry to interrupt this date-"

"It's not a date." Meech and I said together in a panic tone. One thing we didn't need it Lori going back starting drama. She looked between us and nodded. "Right. Anywho, Im Lori Harvey. And you are?" She smiled in a flirty tone at Meech.

"DeMetrius." He smiled politely.
The waitress came back with our drinks. Thank God I said to myself. Lori stayed a little longer and even had the courage to slide Meech her number before leaving.

"You not calling that girl." I said when she was far away. He laughed and shrugged. "Probably not. I know who she is and who her people are. Not my cup of tea. I don't really do flashy people ya know?"

"Well what is your cup of tea?" I asked sipping my drink.

"You." He said boldly. I choked on my drink a little being that I was thrown completely off guard. He smiled seeing me all worked up.

"Really?" Was all I could say. He nodded sipping his drink. I smirked as we looked at each other before sipping some more of my drink.

"Hold on dont move." He said pulling out his phone. "You dont mind if I take your picture do you? You just look really good and the lighting is great right here." He explained making sure he didn't creep me out. Honestly that turned me on cause yes bae, take pictures of your woman! Hype me up! Well not really woman but you know what I mean.

I stayed how I was hearing the camera click.

"You're really beautiful Sza." He smiled causing me to smile as he caught my reaction. "Let me see." I smiled. He showed me the pictures he took and I was amazed.

"Wow

"Wow. You're really good." I smiled. He smirked and shrugged.

"Im aight." He laughed. We both laughed and enjoyed each other's energy.

"So I need to touch up on a few of my photography skills for one of my classes. Will you be my model?" He asked shyly while smiling.

"What!? Meee? Little ole me??" I gasped playfully and dramatically. He laughed. "I would be honored. Yes! Hell yes!" I smiled.

He finished the rest of his drink and smiled nodding. "Cool."