She's here?! (Part 4)

Jim's POV

Its been a month since that night. I couldn't stop thinking of it. I cant believe I kissed her and ruined everything. Now Pam is leaving her receptionist job here and moving over to the Scranton branch. I'm really gonna miss my best friend. She was packing up her last box now.

"Okay everyone, i'm all packed up. I guess this is goodbye." Pam wiped a few tears from her eyes. Everyone slowly got up from their desks and joined in a group hug. 

"I would just like to say that you guys are the best people I have ever met. I'll miss you all!" And with that she turned to me.

"Jim, you're my best friend. I want you to keep me informed of all of the pranks you do on Dwight." I smiled back at her.

"Don't worry, I will." She picked up her box and walked out the door with Roy right behind her. I've gotten over her in the past month after meeting Y/n. All i could think about was Y/n. I turned my attention to Micheal who was doing a dramatic scene called "The loss of a Pam." 

"Okay everyone, don't let your sorrows get in the way of your job. Back to work!" Dwight yelled to the whole office. I turned my attention back to my computer. Now the office seemed grey and boring without Pam.

"Everyone! Quick announcement, Pam's replacement will be here in 5 minutes so please act like you like it here and try not to scare her off." Micheal said. I heard a few strange chuckles from Creed in the back, but when is Creed not being creepy.

!Small time skip!

I heard the office door open. I saw out of the corner of my eye someone taking off their coat. Micheal's office door opened.

"Aha! There she is! Everyone meet our new receptionist!" Micheal announced. I turned around in my chair to see who the "new Pam" was. 

"Hi everyone i'm Y/n and i hope we all have a great time working together." She announced.

Wait, y/n is the new receptionist here?! we made eye contact. Once she saw me she broke out into a smile. Okay, a good sign she doesn't hate me. 

"Let me show you to your desk." Micheal led her over to the desk. While he was showing her how to properly answer the phone I snuck in some glances at her. This time, she wasn't wearing a wine covered dress. We locked eyes for a moment until Micheal started showing her the copy machine.  I decided to head to the break room to think things over. 

Inside the break room

As I sipped my coffee Phyllis entered the room.

"So you have your eyes on the new receptionist?" She asked.

"Well yes and no. We kinda already know each other." I told her the whole story on how I kissed her but she never talked to me after that night.

"Oh dear, that is a pickle you've got yourself in." She sighed.

"And now that she works here i'm freaking out. What do I do? Should I act like nothing happened? We were drunk maybe she forgot about it. What if she didn't. What if she hates me?" Phyllis had to stop my mini freak out before it got any worse.

"Jim, don't worry. Your time will come to talk to her. I doubt she hates you if she kissed back and if she forgot all about it, hey then its a fresh start." Phyllis said.

"Thanks Phyllis but please don't go around to everyone and tell them. I don't want them to know." 

"Don't worry, my lips are sealed." She threw away her imaginary key. 

Y/n's POV

Jim hasn't been talking to me the whole time I've been here. Maybe what he did was just a drunken mistake. Maybe he didn't mean it. I was copying documents for Meredith when someone approached my desk. I looked up. It was Jim. I kept it cool when really i was internally freaking out. 

"Hey, so its been a while." Jim said.

"Yea, it has."

At least you're not in a wine covered dress." Jim laughed.

"Yea, i'm not. I was wondering when you were gonna come talk to me." I smiled.

"I was wondering if you were gonna talk to me after that night." Jim said.

"Hey, I get it. I pulled a douche move not talking to you after that but i was afraid." I spoke.

"Here come with me." Jim led me out into the hall.

"What do you mean you were afraid? We kissed. How did it scare you." He asked.

"I just thought what you did was a drunken mistake and that you didn't mean what you did" I looked at the ground. I heard Jim sigh.

"I thought you kissing me back was a drunken mistake too. I literally just had a mini freak out in the break room just thinking about you. I thought you hated me." We both stood there in silence until the door to the office opened to reveal Dwight.

"C'mon Jim and Y/n, you're wasting sweet work time. Jim, your receptionist romances can wait until after hours!" Dwight shut the door leaving me and Jim red as tomatoes standing in the hall.

"Wanna meet for coffee after work?" Jim asked.

"S-sure." I replied.

"Great then, it's a date." He left me standing there speechless.

A/n: Wow! Two updates in one day. Probably another one coming out tomorrow. Just want to know your thoughts on this chapter and any ideas on future chapter events. I have so many great ideas for this story and this is only the beginning.