Christmas (Part 21)

2 Months Later

Y/n's POV

Today was the office Christmas party. Since another girl was at the office Angela decided to add me to the party planning committee, which I gladly accepted. Not gonna lie, I was quite a holiday junkie. Ever since I was a little girl, my parents raised me in an environment where the holidays was the best time of the year. And they were, I lived for them. Christmas mostly. I loved the feeling of Christmas. The atmosphere was just, describable. It felt so good to give to others, seeing the joy on their faces when they opened a gift, it was great. I was currently sitting at my desk tapping a pen waiting for 2:15 to come, that's when the party was scheduled to start. The theme was going to be "Winter Wonderland", I suggested a Rudolph themed party, cause who doesn't like Rudolph?!? But Angela said it wasn't "true to the Christmas meaning" So after $30 of craft store crystal snowflakes and 3 silver table clothes, here we are. I brought in some cake pops for the party, not to brag but many say they taste like heaven. Of course when I brought them in Kevin decided to eye them down, I had to smack his hand away to stop his temptation. I found him walking into the break room and opening the fridge quite a lot. I would have to give him angry looks from my desk to stop him from laying a finger on the snacks. Jim also left tonight, he was going to spend Christmas with his family. My parents were going on a Jamaican vacation for Christmas, so I was stuck with a Scranton Christmas. Jim offered for me to spend Christmas with him and his family, but I said I was perfectly fine staying back in Scranton. I was driving him to the airport tonight.

"Party planning committee, in the conference room, it's time to set up." Angela said, walking into the conference room. I shot Jim a smile and went into the break room to get the snacks. I saw Kevin following behind me.

"Y/n, there are a lot of snacks, lemme help you get them." Before I could answer Phyllis grabbed the snacks out of the fridge.

"No Kevin, Y/n and I have it under control." I watched Kevin walk away in defeat. I grabbed the rest of the snacks.

"Thanks, i've been trying to stop him from eating the snacks all day." I laughed.

"It's really no problem. He's always like this at the Christmas parties." We both shared a laugh as we walked to the conference room. Phyllis and I️ get along quite well. She's like the mother of the office. She's always there to talk. As Phyllis and I️ were putting up the snowflake decorations I️ looked out the window into the office and saw Ryan. I️ still haven't talked to him after what happened. Guess he didn't think Jim and I️ would get back together. He's mostly given up on me since Jim and I️ got back together but I️ would still catch him glancing at me. I️ still had no intention of speaking to him. 
"Heyyyyy ladies, hows it going here?" Micheal opened the door.
"Micheal get out. The party isn't ready yet." Angela sternly spoke.
"But-." He tried to say.
"Out!" Angela cut him off. The door slowly shut. The Christmas classics played softly in the background as we set up.
"So y/n, any Christmas plans for you and Jim." Phyllis asked.
"Oh, well um not really. He's leaving tonight to go spend Christmas with his family and I'm stuck here in Scranton for Christmas."
"You're going to be all alone on Christmas? Jim didn't offer for you to come with him?"
"Oh no he did, I️ just declined his offer cause I️ didn't want to intrude. I'll be okay though. Anything with you and Bob?" I️ changed the subject. Phyllis went on to tell me how her and Bob Vance from Vance Refrigeration went out for a Christmas Eve dinner every Christmas Eve and blah blah blah. I️ couldn't focus on what she was saying. My mind was elsewhere. I️ was thinking about the fact that Jim would be gone for a week and a half for Christmas. He said he wasn't gonna make it back for New Years. I️ was kinda bummed out about that. So I'd be spending two holidays all alone. I️ had been offered to go to a few New Years parties. Even Pam invited me to hers but I'm not the crazy, wild, lets get drunk kind of party person. I️ liked to stay at home and watch the ball drop then go to bed. I️ looked at the clock, 2:00, 15 more minutes. I️ could see people were getting pretty bored out in the office. Not many calls coming in since many clients were away for the holidays. Angela finished setting up the snacks. She liked to put them in a certain order. I️ saw her take a few paces back and admire her work. She seemed.....satisfied??? You could never really tell with her. Suddenly I️ heard commotion outside the door. I️ poked my head out and saw Micheal with many bags in his hands.
"A party isn't a party with out some alcohol." He smiled. I️ heard Meredith cheer from the back.
"Now this is a party!!" Angela walked out and looked disgusted.
"No Michael, no alcohol." She crosses her arms.
"Cmon, just one drink never hurt anyone...." Micheal held up a bottle. Angela rolled her eyes and slammed the door to the conference room.
"Here y/n, take these into the conference room." He handed me the many bags. I️ didnt know what to do. I️ looked back at Jim and shrugged. I️ went to go say something to Micheal but he was already in his office. I️ stood there for a few moments looking like an idiot and then decided to just bring them in. Right when I️ opened the door Angela yelled at me.
"Y/n, what are you doing. We can't have alcohol at the party?!"
"I️ didn't know what to do he just handed them to me and walked off!" I️ set them down at an empty table and began taking the bottles out.
"Now why are you taking them out?" She yelled. 
"Well a bag over them isn't the most decorative." I️ laughed.
"Not funny, I️ do not approve of this party." She sighed.
"Angela, this is your party." Phyllis and I️ held back our laughs. An angry Angela walked out to the office.
"It's now 2:15, the party is starting in the conference room." She announced. I️ saw Meredith run pat everyone. Mostly for the alcohol I️ presumed. Jim walked over to me.
"Hey stranger." He bumped into me.
"Hey." I️ smiled

TIME SKIP

The party was great. People were really enjoying themselves. Micheal came dressed as Santa, like every year people told me. But eventually had a tantrum over the costume and took it off. Now, Jim and I️ were in the break room just chatting.
"I️ have your gift." He held out a beautifully wrapped box.
"I️ have yours too, one second." I️ ran to my desk and grabbed his gift.
"Here." I️ handed it to him.
"You first." I️ smiled eagerly as I️ saw him hesitantly unwrap the gift. Once he tore back the wrapping I️ saw his smile grow.
"It's great. I️ love it." He smiled. I️ got him a picture frame with a photo of us. It was a photo we took when we went to the lake. I️ saw him admire it.
"You go." He smiled at me.
"It better not be a bomb." I️ laughed.
"Don't worry it's not." Jim smiled. I️ ripped the gift open and saw a box. I️ opened the box and saw the most beautiful necklace I've ever seen. It was silver with a tiny heart in the middle.
"Definitely not a bomb." I️ quietly said.
"Do you like it? If you don't it's totally fine I️ can just return-."
"I️ love it." I️ cut him off. I️ took it out of the box and put it on. I️ admired it around my neck.
"It's beautiful." I️ was just lost for words. I️ leaned over and kissed him.
"Thank you." I️ smiled.

TIME SKIP

I️ was on my way to the airport to drop Jim off. I️ will admit, I️ am quite sad. I'll miss him. I'd usually see him almost everyday but now I️ wouldn't for a week and a half.
"You're sure you don't wanna come with?" Jim asked.
"Jim for the hundredth time I'll be okay. Don't worry, have fun with your family."
" I️ just don't want you to be alone." He said.
"It's okay. I'll probably watch a bunch of Christmas movies."
"I'll miss you." Jim said.
"Awwww I'll miss you too." I️ reached over for his hand. I️ pulled up to the airport. I️ stopped the car and we got out. He grabbed his suitcase from the back. I️ hugged him.
"Text me when your on the plane and when you land." I️ said.
"Of course, now I️ should hurry. Don't wanna miss my plane." He said. I️ leaned in for one last kiss.
"Merry Christmas." I️ smiled
"Merry Christmas." And I️ watched him walk away until he was out of view. I️ looked down at my necklace.
"I️ love you."