Basic Training

Gabriel frowned and looked at the baby doll in front of him. He looked at the diaper he had been handed and bit his lip. "You put it on the baby." Marinette nudged him. She had dragged him to some parenting classes the hospital was offering for new parents. Although it was Gabriel's second time with a pregnant woman, he needed a refresher. He managed to put the diaper on the baby and dress it.

"Good job Gabriel." The nurse giggled. It was a running joke in society that Gabriel couldn't change a diaper, and that's why he had hired Nathalie. On the contrary, Gabriel was good at taking care of babies, but when Adrien was small, that was seen as something only women did (not that women already bullied him) so he raised his son the best he could.

Gabriel smiled at himself, proud. The nurse gave Gabriel a bottle. "Feed the baby." He put the bottle gentle in the baby's mouth. He looked around and saw mostly teenagers around him, most where younger than eighteen. Others were teenage mothers in the sense they weren't of age yet. "This program is specialized for teenage mothers." Gabriel nodded. He smiled and looked at the doll in his grip. He set it down and stroked Marinette's cheek. He rarely talked about his childhood, but all he spoke was, "I won't leave you like him."

Marinette looked at him. She shrugged it off and kissed his cheek. "I love you my darling."

"I love you too." He smiled and stroked her stomach. "How much longer?"

"Six months, gabey."

Gabriel smiled widely. "Six more..."