Of Course They Have a Butler

#%#%#%#%#%#%#%#%#%#%

Scarlett's POV

I opened the white double doors to my closet and looked through it. Dick had invited me over to Wayne Manor for a charity dinner Bruce was hosting. I still had to ask my dad, but I was pretty sure I could go. I pawed through my dresses, looking for something suitable for the occasion. Dick had recommended a black dress, and I had two. One was lacy, with thin straps that crossed at the back. The other was strapless, and was made of satin that went to my knees. It had crinoline underneath it to give it a little bit of poof and a corset. It also had a satin sash with a few crystals on it.

When my dad got home, I asked him.

"Dad, can I go to my friend's house on Friday?"

"Who's the friend?"

"Dick Grayson."

"Where does he live?" My dad inquired.

"Um, Wayne Manor." I mumbled.

"What?!" I grinned, as he had the exact same reaction I did.

"Yeah. Bruce Wayne is hosting a charity dinner."

"Do you actually want to go?"

"Of course! Dick's my friend."

"Alright then." He sighed.

"Thanks." I said, leaving the living room to go to my bedroom. I pulled out my phone, and called Dick.

"Wayne Manor, Alfred speaking." Someone answered.

"Hi, this is Scarlett Donovan. Is Dick there?"

"One moment, Miss." He replied. I heard him call Dick, referring to him as 'Master Dick'.

"Hello?" I heard him ask.

"Hey Dick."

"Hi Scarlett." He replied. "What's up?"

"I can come to the dinner on Friday."

"Cool." He said.

"What should I wear?" I asked, just to clarify.

"Black dress, hair up... I dunno. Something like that." Dick murmured.

"What time should I come? I can get my dad-"

"No, Alfred and I will come and get you, at around seven, I think." He said, cutting me off.

"Who's Alfred?"

"Our butler." He replied. I raised my eyebrows. I suppose it wasn't surprising that they had a butler, with the massive mansion they had.

They were so proper and fancy, it was almost intimidating.

"Okay." I said nervously. "I guess I'll see you tomorrow."

"Hey-" He stopped me. "It's gonna be fun." He assured me. I wasn't one hundred percent convinced.

"Yeah." I said shortly before I hung up. I dropped my phone on my bed and I flopped down on the mattress as well. I groaned and rubbed my face. I really wanted to go to the dinner, and was excited about it, it was just I had never been to something so fancy it belonged in a movie.

I was probably going to be the only teenager there, aside from Dick. They would all be talking about giving to charity and Wayne Enterprises, and things I didn't understand. I was just a little nervous.

A few hours later, I got suited up and jumped out the window. I spent an hour jumping around outside Gotham General, when I heard a couple gunshots being fired. I straightened up, looking around. I heard some shouting and I headed over in the direction of which I heard the sound. I found it a few minutes later.