Kabanata 6

"So what you mean mr. Jose Maria Ignacio Gómez de Liaño is that... You skipped class with your friends because you were bored?" he nodded and, me and the principal sighed.

"So Mr. Jordi GDL, you have so much missed classes lately and, you have a very low chance of passing. Hindi ka pa nakakapasa sa ibang quizzes at exams mo, pero ang recitation mo naman ay mataas kaya ka nakakapasa. Pero please naman Jordi. Please focus on your studies. You also have a low chance of being a varsity and you can get kicked out from the varsity team. But not just the varsity team, but the school" I looked at Jordi and I was shocked sa mga narinig ko.

"Ma'am, are you Jordi's guardian?" the principal asked

"Ah, yes po. I'm they're brothers' and parents' friend po. So, I'm like his big sister then." The principal smiled and looked back at Jordi. Jordi was looking down in sadness sa mga nalaman niya din.

"So mr. Gómez de Liaño, you will have a tutor then. You can't go to training every Wednesday and Thursday because every break, you have a lesson upcoming with Ms. Laura Bercasio, grade 12 from Ateneo de Manila as a representative for tutor." the principal continued but I can still see Jordi trapped in sadness.

Jordi was suspended for 2 weeks and as well for his friends. I called Joe, as the eldest, he should be responsible.

+++

"Hello Joe"

"Yo, what's up?"

"I need you to come here in UPIS asap"

"What? why?"

"Let's talk about it later"

"Sorry, can't, too busy in training. I'll just tell Juan to do it because I'm with Javi right now. But, what's the prob?"

"It's about your brother Jordi"

"What? What happened?"

"I'll tell you asap later. Okay?"

"Okay... Fine. Be safe"

+++

We dropped the call and we waited on the bench for Juan to come.

"Finally, the Swish has arrived!" I stood up and went to him, he showed two of his shoulder muscles and moved his eyebrows up and down.

"What's the problem?" He asked.

"What about, if I treat you both first at Starbucks so we can chill. Alright?" They both nodded and we drove to Up Town Center for Starbucks.

"Okay, what's the problemo?" Juan asked and I sighed.

"Jordi has a large chance of failing in every subject in school because of skipping classes and failing quizzes and exams" I told him with a sigh, I looked at Jordi and he was usually looking down.

I saw Juan sigh and looked at Jordi.

"Jordi... What about if we talk about this at home with mom and dad?" he asked Jordi and looked at me.

"Thanks Hessa for looking out for Jordi" he said and smiled, I smiled back.

"Come on, Hessa you're coming with us" he stood up and said. Nanlaki yung mata ko kasi wala naman talaga akong kinalaman eh.

"For what?" I asked curiously.

"You're the one who'll explain to mom and dad" I shook my head kasi pwede naman si Jordi magsabi e

"Jordi should explain it. Wala akong kinalaman dito. If I explained it, baka maisip ng mga magulang mo na chismosa ako. And baka naman maisip nila na wala akong rights para sabihin kung ano mga nangyari kay Jordi." I explained.