Chapter Four.

Okay okay. I know I haven't updated in months and honestly, it was pretty hard to compose this chapter and I really hope you guys keep on reading 'Closer' and be patient with me. :)

Soooooo

Chapter Four!!!

___________

"Come on, Ki!" It must've been weird to see two teenagers running down the busy halls at the hospital. Especially if they were in their comfort clothes. Especially if they were two teenage heartthrobs from the biggest girl band at that time.

But Ashlee didn't care. She kept on running, heading to their destination. Ward 6, room 34.

"Slow down, Ash!" She could hear Kiera yelling at her from behind. In a whisper tone, of course. That would be incredibly rude to randomly shout.

Coming to the hospital was probably the hardest thing Ashlee had gone through. You might think it would be easy for The Royals to get into the hospital. Hell, you're wrong. The nurses here definitely worked full time, all hours, because they didn't even recognize The Royals. It was weird to hear a 'I'm sorry, The Royals? I don't understand you' but hey, at least there's something different to hear other than screams and cries.

And the fans. Who would've thought there would be fans at the hospital? Kiera was the one that suffered the most. She got surrounded by a sea of fanboys once a shout of 'Kiera Jewels!' echoed through the halls, then suddenly a stampede of guys came through, earning a quite few hiss from the staff. Ashlee wasn't surprise though. Her bandmate was a beautifully sculptured human being by God. She was caring, charming and loud. The good kind of loud.

Her? Nope. Don't get her started. She didn't want to even think about it. Sure, her confidence has increased from the four years of being a Youtube artist, but she didn't think she was qualified enough to be considered as a 'star'. Sure, her voice gotten louder to voice out her opinion in meetings, but she still felt kind of small compared to Kiera. Sure, her ideas were getting more 'inspirational and creative' (quote Kiera), but she felt unneeded in the band since Kiera would be the one Catherine depends on. All these things... and other things. Ashlee tried to not think about it, but it's Ashlee Kheenz we're talking about here. The girl who overthinks things. It was unhealthy, honestly. Some nights, she might curl in a pre-natal position and just think about her life. Tears may even make their way down her face.

And that's what she's doing right now. Overthinking.

As they ran, thoughts came to her mind. Bad thoughts about Niall. She still didn't know what happened to him, the only information she got was that he got into an accident. Nothing more, nothing less. What if the accident was a horrible one? A one that could make Niall... She shook head.

"Let's not think about that," she murmured to herself.

"What?" Kiera faced Ashlee as they turned around a corner.

"Nothing," Ashlee's pace slowed down as the numbers '28, 29, 30' appeared on each doors. They were almost there. Heavy breathing could be heard from both teenagers. It was obvious they didn't exercise as much as they should to despite the constant commands from their manager.

Both of them stood in front of the door marked 34. Beeping sounds from the other side could be heard. Ashlee was nervous in seeing Niall. They've never talked with each other, would it be weird if she shows up? Would it be weird to see such a familiar yet distant face when someone's in the hospital?

Ashlee did a quick brainstorm on how to greet the blonde fella when she steps into the room. 'Hey how are you?', 'I heard you were in an accident, are you okay?!', 'Kiera brought me here'. Okay the last one sounded harsh, but she absolutely didn't know what to say.