PESTILINCE

"Are we there yet?" Violet shouts out, from the crammed backseat.

"Shut up you gross dinosaur," Logan yells, squished between Violet and Ann.

"That's like the third time you've asked in the last hour." Ann says, annoyed.

"Guys, settle down," Eli says from the front seat. "Beth is trying to drive. If you keep screaming she'll crash and you will all die."

"If only I was that lucky," Stalene whispers from the less crowed middle section.

The car drives over the town line, and stops all of a sudden. It feels as if they hit a wall.

"What was that?" Shianna asks.

Beth tries to start the car, but the engine is dead. She and Eli get out to examine the situation. Meanwhile, Violet pulls out a bag of food, and starts eating.

"There Violet goes again. Drowning himself in whipped cream when one little thing goes wrong." Logan exclaims.

"Shut up potato boop. You do it too." Ann says.

"Guys," a voice whispers.

No one pays attention, but instead keep arguing.

"Guys!" Dakon finally yells.

The whole car falls silent, and everyone turns to towards Dakon.

"Where are Beth and Eli?"

Almost at the same time, everyone turns to the front of the car. Dakon is right. They're nowhere to be seen. Violet is the first out of the car. The ground is icy, and he slips. Logan runs around to the side where Violet lays.

"Move," she says pushing Ann out of the way. "I know CPR."

Logan starts CPR, but nothing happens.

"I think Violet needs to get oxygen." Sol exclaims.

"Ew. I'm not doing that." Logan says, backing away. "Violet can die."

After a few minutes of just standing around, someone speaks.

"I think we should go into town and look for Beth and Eli," Stalene says.

"Who put you in charge?" Ann yells.

"Ann. No." Shianna says, holding her back from fighting Stalene.

"I agree with Stale," Sol whispers.

"Me too," Jay says.

"Me....three?" Logan says.

After almost everyone agrees, the group walks into the town.

"Where is everyone?" Logan asks, as they approach the center of the town.

"I don't care but I'm hungry," Ann shouts.

"Now isn't the best time for food," Stalene says.

No one listens but instead Sol, Jay, Ann and Dakon walk to the grocery store across the street. The rest of them follow.

Jay takes a packet of doughnuts, and offers some to Sol and Dakon.

Everyone is browsing, when there's a sudden scream.

"Where'd that come from?" Logan asks.

"I think it was Jay," Ann answers, a few aisles over.

Everyone rushes towards the scream. They all crowd around the body on the floor. It's Jay, covered in boils.

"He's dead," Stalene says, taking his pulse.

"Wait," Shianna shouts.

The room is quiet. She walks over to Sol and takes Sol's arm.

"What is it?" Logan asks, breaking the silence.

"Sol's got it too," Shianna says, holding up the arm, to reveal a patch of boils.

"Don't touch it," Dakon exclaims. "You'll get infected."

"Too late," Ann says looking at her arms.

"We're all infected," Logan says, looking around.

Stuff crashes and glass breaks. The group runs to the back of the store. No one had noticed Sol sneak away. Sol planned to pack as much food the grocery cart could hold, and leave. Unfortunately, he didn't make it far before he collapsed on the ground, dead.

It was once they got to the back of the store when they noticed he had gone. Dakon tries to sneak away from the group as well. While everyone is looking for Sol, he sneaks out the front door. He doesn't make it that far either. The boils on his arm start to burn, and he passes out from the pain.

A little while later, this happens to everyone. There are screams of pain from all over. Slowly, they pass out, until Logan is the only one awake. She run to the front of the store,  before passing out herself. The last thing she sees, right before her eyes close, is a man walking towards her and her friends.