Chapter Two

chapter two ;;

It's been a week since our anniversary. I'm so happy and joyful. He got me a 3DS and I still haven't gotten him anything. I felt too simple. Even though I know he liked simple, because I put my heart into it. I mean, it's the thought that counts, right?

I finished work early today, so I was here at the candy shop trying to figure out which lollies to buy and which ones not to buy. I mean, we did both love candy and chocolate so it was a pretty win/win situation for the both of us.

I breathed in and looked around satisfied at the chocolates, happily humming the song that he made for me. The song was called 'Intent' and he made it when we were about ten months in the relationship. I was so happy, I literally screamed and kissed him right there. There was not a happier moment in my life. Well, maybe when he got me the 3DS', that would be on a tie.

I sighed and I dropped literally seventy bags of lollies and chocolates that we could share and snack on while playing video games, and I went to the jewellery store to buy him a bracelet, it was like one of those friendship bracelets. Except, I wouldn't really be giving it to him as a friend, more like a girlfriend.

I looked at the time and decided I should just head to his house now. I had just about everything I needed, so I'd be home early.

"Hi mum." I smiled at Skye's mum. It was pretty normal to call her mum, she said that it was pretty nice to pretty much have a daughter. We would talk on and on about Skye and his flaws, make fun of him as a baby while she played with my hair as I played video games with Skye. It was pretty fun. "I'm looking for Skye, I didn't get him anything for our anniversary so I decided to make up for it today." I grinned to her.

"Oh my! It's your anniversary? Why didn't you tell me? I could have baked cake or cookies!" Mum said, frowning at me.

"Mum! Do it later. I need to give this to Skye." I told her, "I'll bake cookies and cake with you tomorrow, I promise." I said, giving her the puppy eye stare, which always seemed to work on her every time.

"Ohhh no, dear." Mum said.

"Oh yeah," I laughed at my stupidity, being reminded that I can not cook at all, "right."

"Alright then, Jupiter!" Mum smiled at me, "As long as you don't try to do anything funny, alright?" she played, even though that she knew that I wouldn't even try to dare do anything sexual with him.

I walked up the stairs whistling Intent once again, grinning happily with the bags of lollies in my hands and both of the friendship bracelets in my right wrist. This meant something to me, even though the gifts were small and would never be as big as a 3DS, I still hoped that he would appreciate it and we would get to enjoy today with movies, games and snacks.

I clashed the door open and I dropped the bags.

"Skye?" I asked confused.

"Jessie?"

I rubbed my eyes to check if I was seeing things right, I pinched myself to see if it was only just a dream. But I wasn't kidding myself. This was the real life and a cruel world.

My supposedly 'best-friend' and so-called 'loyal' boyfriend, were on the same bed. Hands in each others hair, up on top of each other, both half naked and were literally about to do what I think that they were supposed to do.

"Um.. we can explain." Said Jessie, in her annoying Jersey Shores accent.

"We were uh.."

"Uhm.."

They were both speechless and I stood there, tears about to break.

"So you did what I think you were about to do?" I asked, wiping my eyes. I wanted them to explain something, to tell me something that I didn't know. To give me an excuse that was believable, even though I knew everything that they would say would be fake and a lie.