Circled by the Wolves

I enter the school and head to my locker. I stack the books that I don't need inside and close it. I go to walk to my class but bump into someone, the familiar scent makes it known who it is.

"Oh sorry Ben," I laugh as I look up at him.

"It's alright love, how has it been in your home?" Ben asks me as we walk.

"It's been awkward, a lot of tension between me and my father," I tell him.

"I hope that things will get easier with you guys,"

"Thanks, I just really wish my father approved of you, not that that's gonna change anything with us, I'd just like it if you could come over through the front door without him ripping your head off,"

"Well I do want to keep my head, and I do want him to like me, I'll work for his approval if I have to," Ben kisses my forehead.

"Awh Ben,"

We enter class and I see Cindy.

"Hey Cindy," I sit by her.

"Hey so I heard your fathers back," Cindy says.

"How'd you hear that?"

"Well I didn't hear, or I kind of did, but I saw him walking around with your mom, and I heard him yelling at someone, the front door was wide open allowing anyone within meters to hear,"

"Ugh he was yelling at Ben," I roll my eyes.

"How is everything since he came back?" Cindy looks at me.

"It's been tough to be honest, but I guess this is something I'm gonna have to work through,"

"Awh Roni, you're tough, you'll figure things out,"

"I hope so, I just really wish my father would get to know Ben before yelling at him.. again,"

"Your father was always so superstitious,"

"Tell me about it," I chuckle.

I get through the day and now I'm walking home with Ben. I hear one of our phones go off, I check mine and it's not mine.

"Hello?" Ben speaks. "What! Mom I completely forgot! Can't I just miss it? Why not? Fine I understand, five? Okay I'll be ready, bye,"

"Everything alright?" I ask.

"Yeah, my mom just wants me to go to this dinner party with them, she's been on my ass about this forever now, and somehow I forgot," Ben laughs.

"Oh jeez, I hope it isn't too bad," I laugh with him.

"I'd much rather stay in with you," Ben picks me up and kisses me.

I giggle as he holds me in his arms, I wrap my arms around his neck and stare into his eyes.

"I love you," I tell him.

"I love you more," He kisses me.

"I don't think so,"

"I think so,"

"Well I know so," I challenge.

"Touché,"

I stare into his beautiful eyes.

"I love it when you do that,"

"Do what?" I chuckle.

"Bite your lip without knowing," Ben looks at my lips. "You do that a lot, it drives me crazy,"

I just giggle and kiss him.

I feel my phone vibrate, Ben puts me down and I answer.

"Hello?"

"Hey sweetie, so I've decided that I would like to sit down with your boyfriend and get to know him a little," I hear my father say, I could hear the disgust when he said boyfriend.

"What? Really," I look at Ben smiling.

"Yes, tonight at five, he can have dinner with us,"

"He has a dinner party to go to tonight," I tell my father, frowning.

"Then tomorrow, if he's too busy to have a chat with me then you will not be seeing him anymore," My father hangs up.

God, why does he have to be such a hard ass?

"Ben," I grin.

"What," He grins, mimicking me.

"My father said that he will sit down and talk with you tomorrow night, please tell me you're free,"

"What, really? That's amazing! I am free for that,"

"So don't wear anything fancy but do wear something presentable, don't bring alcohol to give him, he won't approve of that, and just be you," I tell Ben.

"Gotcha, anyway I'll see you later tonight if you want to come over after the dinner,"

"Sure, just text me," I kiss him.

I enter the house, I walk into the kitchen to see my parents sitting on the bar stools talking.

"Hey Veronica," My father says.

"Hey, so I want to thank you for giving Ben a chance and are willing to get to know him," I tell him sincerely.

"Of course hun, I just want to see you happy," My father kisses my cheek.

I walk up to my room and get changed into a loose top and pyjama pants.

I open my laptop and work on some homework.

I'm half asleep when I hear my phone go off. I grab it to see a text from Ben.

Ben ❤️; I'm home now if you wanna come over

Me; I'm half asleep over her lol

Ben ❤️; If I have to come over and carry you to my house I will

Me; Awh my prince charming

Ben ❤️; I'll be over in five

I just smile to myself, I get out of bed and wash my face, trying to wake up.

I throw my hair into a messy bun and wait for Ben. I watch as he opens my window and climbs in.

"Hey, I'm so pooped, I ate so much food," Ben laughs as he walks over to me.

"Well you're skinny mini you'll be just fine," I get up and peck his lips.

"Hey, I'm self conscious," He pouts.

"I'm joking, you're perfect," I smile.

"Nah but you're perfect," He picks me up and lays us down on my bed.

"Hey, I thought we were suppose to go to your house," I giggle.

"I don't feel like walking," Ben whines.

"Well you won't feel like walking when my father comes in on us and breaks your legs for being in the same bed as me," I tell him, grinning.

"Ugh you're right, let's go,"

We leave my room and walk over to Ben house. We enter his room and lay on his bed.

"How was your dinner?" I ask as I cuddle into him.

"It was good, I mean the food was good, the thing itself was kind of boring,"

I just laugh as we just cuddle and enjoy each other's company.

Soon enough I fall asleep in Ben's arms.