Joker's Karma

Allie wore a body-hugging purple velvet long sleeve dress they made Joker almost drool. They were sat down together in Joker's booth. They were talking and laughing like they used to. Suddenly they were interrupted by Allie's phone buzzing. "What is it, Kitten?" She looked at her phone; it was an email from a username she didn't recognize. "Oh, nothing, probably junk." "Hey boss." Jonny Frost's voice was heard from several feet away. "I'll be right back, baby." Joker kissed her on the cheek and stood up and went to Frost.

While he was gone, Allie opened and read the strange email.

It's a shame to hear about your baby. But, then again Joker's karma was bound to catch up with him.

She frowned, slightly scared of who could send such an awful message. After a moment of thought she pretty much knew who it was.

Her mind was interrupted by Joker making his way over to her quickly. "Get outside to the car right now. I'll be right behind you." She started shaking, "J what's going on?!" She looked over and met Tyson's demented eyes. "Now! Go!" He grabbed her by the arm and shoved her toward the exit. "Okay, okay! I'm going." She ran out the door. She got to the car and went to open the passenger side. She happened to look over and saw Sarah crouched in the distance. In that instant, Allie heard a loud noise, and she felt a numbness in her chest. She put her hand on it and felt liquid on her fingers. She looked at them and it was a red liquid.

Then next thing she knew, J was at her side and he picked her up and put her in the car. He got in on the driver's side. Allie could see his phone in his hand. "Frost get the fucking medic!" In between a shallow breath Allie whimpered, "J." "Don't worry, Allie, you're going to be fine. You're strong. You're my woman." The car took off and she felt herself fading.

Allie woke up dazed and looked up to the ceiling of some type of warehouse. She looked around, hoping to see another person. "Hello?" Her throat was dry and her voice was weak. "Miss Allie? You're awake." "Frost, what's going on?" She became frantic. "Everything's fine. You were shot in chest. Nothing major was hit. You're going to be fine." "How long have I been here?" "You've been in and out of consciousness for about two weeks." She sighed, "Wow. Where's J?" "He's out running an errand. I'll call him and let him know you're awake. He'll be back shortly." She choked up, "Frost, why did this happen to me?" He sighed, "Tyson was Sean Bateman's son." "So he and Sarah conspired against us?" Frost nodded, "Boss took care of them."

She shuddered as Frost turned away to make the phone call. She couldn't help but feel like this was all Joker's fault. She could have been killed and it was because of him. Tears gushed out of her eyes. However, she soon realized that she wanted to be with Joker, it wasn't one sided. Sarah wanted Allie to suffer for being a terrible friend and Tyson wanted to avenge his father's death. It was simple. Her future with J was not. Before she knew it, a familiar head of green hair caught her attention. He sighed in relief at the sight of her. "Kitten." He went to her side immediately and reached for her hand. She moved her hand away from his grasp.

He was in shock, "Allie, baby, it's me." He gently touched her face. "I'm so happy you're awake. I've missed those eyes of yours." He looked at her with all the love in the world. She could literally feel her heart break as she said the words. "I can't do this anymore." His entire expression dropped. "Kitten, please-" "J, do you know how bad this could have been?" "Of course I do. But don't you worry, Tyson and that bitch Sarah got what was coming to them." She looked at him intentionally, "What did you do to them?" "You don't need to worry about that. Now let's get you ready to go home."

"I can't go with you." "Baby, what are you talking about?" She cried, "You can't keep me from getting hurt! Next time I could get killed-"  He held her arm, "I know I fucked up, but I was right there when it happened! It's not like I wasn't there!" She cut him off, "What if you're not there next time?!" "There will not be a next time!" "You can't promise me that. I know you have more enemies. I'm a murderer, J, I can never take back anything that I've done with you." He looked down. Allie continued, "You can't always be right by my side. I can't continue to live my life like this."

He looked up into her eyes, "You don't love me anymore?" She shook her head, "I love you so much it scares me. I know that what we have is real and there's nothing else in this world that can make me as happy as our love does. But I have to do what's the best for me." He got up on the bed with her and wrapped his arms around her gently. "No, Kitten, I'll do anything to make you stay. Don't leave me, please." He kissed her face. More tears fell down her cheeks. "This is the hardest thing I'll ever have to do in my life. You have to know that, J."

He eventually came to terms with her decision."I understand. Allie, I think you should go. I love you and I need you to be safe. Even if you're as far away from me as possible. I just need my kitten to be safe." They embraced again, this time their lips met passionately. She pulled away and looked into his eyes. "Take me home one last time."

About a week later, Allie was strong enough to be on her own and she had a place set up to live in. Most of her things were packed to go. "If you ever want any of your other clothes, you know where to find them." She nodded at him, "That's sweet of you to keep them for me." "I'd do anything for you." She smiled softly as she watched Frost put the last of her boxes in the SUV. "Ready when you are, Miss Allie."

Allie hugged Arthur goodbye. "Thank you for everything, Arthur. You've been a great friend to me." "It's been a pleasure, my dear." He gave her a reassuring smile, "Well, I'll leave the two of you to it." He gestured to the both of them and headed inside. For the first time since the night they met, there was an awkwardness between them. She made her way over to him.

"Mister J." "Allie." He softly put a hand on her upper arm and she felt comforted. "I guess this is it." Her nerves were through the roof. He leaned in slowly. She turned her face away from him. "One last kiss, Kitten?" He wiped her tear away as it fell. "I'm afraid if I kiss you, I won't be able to leave." He whispered, "That's a risk I'm willing to take." And with that he pressed his lips to hers. After a few seconds her arms were around him tightly.

She broke away from him, feeling like she couldn't breathe. She touched his face. "I love you. I'll never stop." "Allison Napier, no one can ever love you like me." Her throat tightened and she knew it was time to go. They stared into each others' eyes. Those damn eyes, she thought, the ocean blues that had no choice but to let her go.

Not gonna lie, I almost shed a tear.
This is the final chapter of this book.
Sequel: million years ago 😊