floats

floats;

1) rest or move on or near the surface of a liquid without sinking. "she relaxed, floating gently in the water"

2) move or hover slowly and lightly in a liquid or the air; drift. "clouds floated across a brilliant blue sky"

----------------------------------------------

Alex took an step towards Ava whose gaze hasn't left her for one second. Before anyone could say anything another gun shot was heard and Gibson quickly grabbed an hold of the gun that was pointed at him and he lifted it up towards the ceiling. The soldiers were grunting trying to fight with Gibson to keep the gun away from themselves.

The boat suddenly tilted to the side slightly, making everyone let out yells of surprise and fall under the surface for a second, until their heads popped back up and they let out breaths of surprise.

"She floats." The owner of the ship said, whilst making his way towards the ladders to go on deck. "We float." Someone said from the crowd of soldiers, whilst looking around.

"Start the bloody engine!" Another one yelled at the owner who had successfully climbed on the deck and ran into the control room to turn on the engine. Before they could move anywhere into the open the gunfire started again making everyone cover their heads and move away from the spot of the practice fire.

Ava and Tommy were the ones to duck their heads underwater when bullets kept hitting the sides of the boat, they wanted to mute the sound slightly. "Plug the holes!" The owner suddenly yelled from the deck and all the soldiers swam towards the holes and started to plug them.

That didn't help at all though when the bullet holes were on the other side of the boat. Ava swam towards the other side whilst the other was crowded with the mass of soldiers. Some of the soldiers moved to Ava's side helping her to plug the holes.

Their breathing was heavy from trying to stay on surface and trying to plug the holes with their hands, the pressure of the water was getting the best of them though. "Abandon ship!" Was suddenly yelled by the owner of the ship making the soldiers quickly start to swim towards the ladder.

Alex looked around quickly spotting Ava swimming towards the ladder, he had to make sure she got out first. He then looked at Gibson who was next to him struggling to keep his head over the surface. He gritted his teeth and swam towards the ladder but stopped to look behind him, still seeing Gibson in the same spot.

"Gibson! Leave it!" Alex yelled and swam towards the ladder, wanting to get out before the water consumed the whole ship or before he got stuck on the metal pieces on the ceiling. He quickly climbed the stairs and jumped into the water.

The group swam towards the bigger boat as fast as they could but before they even got close to the boat, six bombs were dropped from the enemy plane onto the boat, exploding it and making it start to sink.

Men started to jump off of the boat, whilst oil leaked into the sea around the boat and there on spreading. All of them swam towards a civilian boat that was closest to them. They all got pulled on board one by one, by a 17 year old boy and a pilot.

Soon but not late, a soldier also joined to pulling them on the deck. "Listen, we have to get as many of you on board as we can before that oil catches on fire." The man said, making Ava, who was already on board quickly look towards the boat and then down to herself seeing that she was covered in oil.

"You go below decks or you get off my boat. That's your choice." The man said and soldiers started to move below deck one by one. "Alex..." Ava said and looked on the deck from everyone mans face, looking for Alex.

"Whoa! Whoa! Whoa!" The boy suddenly said making Ava follow after him. "Careful! Careful down there!" He continued and leaned against the doorway to below deck, whilst looking at something.

"Careful! Careful down there!" The boy yelled again when the soldiers were down there. "He's dead, mate." Suddenly the familiar voice off Alex filled her ears making her sigh in relief and put her hand on her mouth whilst her eyes started to water.

She already feared the worse on his case. She did not want to lose him. Not this way at least. The boy's eyes widened when Alex said those words, his face dropping from fear to shock and then to sadness.

"So be bloody careful with him." He said and gulped and then turned back around and looked towards, who Ava assumed was his father, and then towards a single soldier who was not covered in oil, but was clean and dry.

"Um, will he be okay? The boy?" The soldier asked and quickly pointed down below deck, whilst avoiding the other kids gaze. The kid looked from the soldier to his father and the back at the soldier. "Yeah." The boy nodded at the soldier and he nodded back at him.

Ava quickly pushed her way down below the deck and looked at an oil covered Alex. Seemed weird that even tho he was covered in oil he still somehow seemed hot. He was trying to wipe his face into his sleeves wanting to get rid of the oil.

He hasn't even noticed the nurse stand at the bottom of the stairs but everyone else had and they were looking at Alex with their eyebrows lifted. Alex's face was filled with confusion when he saw everyone look at him, but when he saw someone stand at the bottom of the stairs his gaze snapped up at the persons face.

Because no one in the whole damn boat was wearing a dress except for one person and one person only. His Ava. Alex let out an breath in disbelief and quickly got up and speed walked towards the girl wrapping his arms around her waist and lifting her off of the floor.

Ava's arms wrapped around his neck and her face was hidden into his neck, him doing the same to her, not believing that she was there in his arms again. He thought she had lost her when she got out of the boat.

He put her onto the floor and let her go, looking her up and down in case she had any injuries and as he was about to say something he was cut off by Ava's lips on his.

(i can hear all you chanting KISS KISS KISS KISS or just yelling KISS ALREADY so you're welcome.)

He kissed her back putting his hand on her cheek and the other on the back of her neck whilst her hands were gripping onto his sides, not believing that he was alive and well. Minus the fact that he was covered in a mass of oil from head to toe.

She was just happy that he was okay and alive and he was happy that she was okay and alive, this was their way of showing it to eachother.