Apology

Minx’s POV:

I wake up and find myself in my guest room in Ohm’s house, with Ohm sitting in a chair next to the bed.

“How are you?” He asks, clearly worried about me.

The last thing I remember is horrible pain of the burns and wounds Krism gave me, and everything went black after we left the building. Apparently they brought me here. But where are the others?

“I feel a lot better already,” I say. I don’t know what they gave me, but it definitely helped. I already feel a lot more stable.

“Good,” he says, and his expression suddenly changes from worried to calm and composed. I’m glad with that, because I don’t want him worrying too much about me.

But then there is a knock on my bedroom’s door and his expression turns worried again, together with confusion.

He stands up to open the door very carefully, ready to fight if he has to.

“Calm down,” I hear the recognisable voice of the woman who hurt me. Krism. “It’s just me.”

“And I should be relieved about that?” Ohm says sarcastically.

 Krism steps inside of the room and sits in the chair which was just taken by Ohm.

“How did you get in here?” Ohm asks, blown away by the fact Krism just walked in here like it was totally normal.

“Now does that really matter?” She asks mystically at Ohm while she’s looking me in the eyes.

“Well,” Ohm begins. He is clearly getting upset. “It’s my house! I’d like to know how you got in here, because I don’t want people with C5 walking into my house getting the chance to kill everyone here!”

“Aww,” Krism says, looking away from me for a second. “Are you afraid?”

“How did you get in here?” Ohm asks her again, this time dead-serious.

“Next time,” she says. “Don’t put an extra house key in the flower pot next to your door.” She gets a key out of her pocket and throws it at him.

Ohm catches it at the last second, which tells me he still has the same bad reflexes as he used to have.

“Can I talk to Minx alone for a minute?” Krism asks Ohm, turning away from me to look at him.

“No!” Ohm is getting angry now. “Look at what you’ve done to her!”

“Ohm,” Krism replied like there was nothing to be upset about. “If I really wanted to hurt you or her, would I have returned you your house key? Wouldn’t I already have made my move? Wouldn’t I have brought back-up? Would I tell you guys in all honesty that I just want to apologise to her?” She stands up from the chair, to prove her point.

And even though Krism is the kind of person who likes to play games and could have set this all to scene, I think I believe her.

“Ohm,” I say before he can answer. “It’s okay.” And he knows that I’m telling him to trust her. I’m telling him to go. And it’s the way that he leaves with a worried look on his face, scared that something might happen to me, that tells me we will always be bound as a brother and sister.

“So,” Krism begins, looking surprisingly nervous. “I just wanted to apologise. I went too far. I thought I knew what I was doing, but… my mind was somewhere else.”

I don’t want to forgive her.

I don’t want to, but I do. I just do.

“It’s okay,” I tell her.

“No, it’s not okay,” she answers immediately. “I hurt you. But that’s not who I am. I’m a good person.” I see a tear streaming down her cheek but she wipes it away as soon as I see it.

I have heard a few things about Krism, but I think she is the only one that knows the best about all the horrible things she has done. She knows it, and now she is trying to convince herself that she’s not like that. She’s trying to convince herself that she’s a good person.

And the worst thing is… I believe her.

She has me convinced.

“I know you are,” I don’t know whether I’m just trying to comfort her or if I really mean it, but either way… these feelings aren’t just feelings. They’re more than that. Especially for someone I just met. Especially for someone who hurt me. “I forgive you.”

She looks up at me, like nobody ever said that to her before, and then smiles.

“You really do?” She asks me, kind of confused.

“Yeah,” and I smile back at her, looking her in the eyes. They’re beautiful, even though one is brown and one is crimson.

She is just beautiful.

Her smile gets even bigger and it means a lot knowing that I put it there.

“Krism, can I ask you something?” I ask, looking at her crimson eye.

“Of course,”

“How did you get that crimson eye?” I don’t know why I ask her, I only met her a few hours ago. But I feel like I can trust her a lot more than some other people around me.

“Umm… Is it okay if I tell you that another time?” she says insecure, looking away so I can’t see her crimson eye anymore.

“Yeah, of course,” I tell her. “I totally get it. I’m sorry I asked.”

“I umm… I just need to go.” She stands up and leaves without looking at me another time.

A few seconds later Ohm walks in, looking behind him at Krism leaving. He has his phone in his hand and looks like he’s about to tell me something important.

“What’s going on with her?” He asks like she has teenager problems.

“I’ll tell you later,” I know that I won’t be telling him the whole story, even though he’s my brother and he deserves to know. This is something between me and Krism.

“Okay…” He says, having no clue of what just happened. “Either way, it worked.” And there’s the important thing.

“Wait,” I’m trying to conclude something. “Are you telling me…”

“The criminal has become Homo Facultas.” Ohm finishes my sentence.

Ken is Homo Facultas now.

We’re going to get dad out.

A/N: I’m sorry I haven’t updated in such a long time, I’ve just been really busy. But I hope you like this part!

I would really appreciate you voting and commenting, it tells me that you like my story and that literally makes my day every time. So thank you :p