I forgot how that felt

Tonight I rediscovered something I didn't know I had forgotten.
Reading.

So, little recap on my life:

I used to hate reading, little really hate it. I was the horrible child who would tear little one-sentence-on-each-page-books when my mom would do her best to make me read outside of school (or for school for that matter).
So, I used to HATE reading, until I read Twilight: Breaking Dawn (a 800 pages book). Why I wanted to read that book so bad? Well, I saw the first movie of the fourth book (it's separated in two) and I JUST WANTED TO KNOW WHAT WOULD HAPPEN WITH THE GOD DAMN BABY. So, I read the book. I went to the bookstore with my best friend, bought the 30$ book, stopped on my way home to buy a pack of Hubba Bubba gum and then sat down for a solid 4 hour and read. In 5 days, with school from 9 to 4 and homework and sleep, I finished the book. (still one of my proudest achievement to this day). I was 13 years old and I fell in love with reading, I fell down and grabbed stories, words and worlds and swallowed them whole to make them parts of me.

I remember being 14 and Christmas time was coming up, I had written an article about how I love reading and I had won 50$ for a bookstore and I bought this first book of a series called Evermore and when I came back from the store with my dad, I ate diner and rushed to my room. I remember setting up my pillows and my blanket, filling up my water bottle and then I sat down and read the book. In two days.

And I continued to do that for years.

Read stories after series, not getting sick of it, getting caught in class reading, being asked by my parents many times to spend time with the family (and also, "Why are you crying?") and spending all the money I had on books (which I still do).

But I read The Mortal Instrument series and fell in a reading slump. A year long slump. yep.

And I got out of it and came back in another reading slump, you know, readers problems. But I'd read in the car while on trips, or in the bus on my way to school, yes I would sit down at home to read some of the books I loved dearly, but It wasn't the same.

I didn't just dropped everything, sat down with pillows, a snack and a beverage and a book. I didn't make that time and space anymore for reading it seems.

And today, I just dropped everything. (sorry friends for not responding to your messages, but I needed that) I filled my water bottle and places my pillows and blankets and I read. I just jumped in.

And holly shit, I loved it.

I didn't realize my way of reading had changed through the years, but now I do. I'm not saying that I didn't read the books I read well or that people who don't stop their whole world for a book are bad or anything. I'm saying that this child-ish (lets say it, only children and young teenagers can put their lives on hold, because as you grow up, you get responsibilities you can't ignore or put on hold. Yes cat, I'll feed you in a bit okay?) way of reading, I lost it and it felt great to make my way back to it.

Does anyone feel me?

This might just be silly, but it made me happy to do that.

Hope you have a great night\day :)

-Ellie