Chapter 13

The minute I get home Levi is there.

"Where were you?" He says, I can tell he is angry.

"I was out." I say.

"For six hours?" He says in disbelief.

"I took a short trip to LA." I say making my way upstairs to our room.

"Why?" Levi asks and I sit on the bed.

"I wanted to get a tattoo, plus I needed to see Danny. He and Blake where knew each other and I thought I should tell him of Blake's death." I say and go to the wardrobe and begin to change into some workout gear.

"And you couldn't do that over a phone call?" He asks.

"No I couldn't. Now I'm going to go blow off some steam for a few hours." I say and leave him standing there.

I go down to the gym in the basement and go to the punching bag. I don't bother wrapping my knuckles and go straight to punching the bag. After a few minutes I put on some music to drown out the sound my my first coming into contact with the bag and the sound of my heavy breathing.

I don't know how long I have been doing this but I only stop when my knuckles and bruised and bloody and my playlist has ended. I hold the punching bag and rest my forehead on it. the only thing I can hear is the sound of my heavy breathing.

I stay there trying to get my breathing under control when a sudden wave of anger comes over me. I pick up a plastic fold up chair and show it at the wall, the chair breaks and I scream in frustration. I fall to my knees and cry.

I don't realise that someone has enter the room until I feel a hand on my shoulder. I whip around and see Levi and he immediately wraps me up into a tight embrace.

Levi picks me up bridal style and take me to our room and lays me on our bed. He joins me in the bed and pulled me onto his chest and I burry my face in the crook of his neck. I was not surprised when I was quick to fall asleep, in the arms of the man I loved.

......................................................................................................

When I decided to avenge my brother I went down a dark path, a path that I thought I would never go down. I never in my life wanted to kill a person more than I did Tyler.

When I started running this gang I promised to do better then Bren, not just be savages that kill when they wanted but be a community of people that are there for each other and will do anything thing for each other.

I knew of the illegal aspect of the gang and I knew of the demons that would be with me for the rest of my life.

If I learnt anything from Bren's death is that sometimes you have to wait until the war is over to morn the people that you have lost in the battles and when the monster inside of you comes out you are the only one responsible for it's actions. You cannot blame other for what you have done.

Tyler thought he did the right thing by killing Bren, thought he had it coming. He never thought of the ripple effect that he was leaving behind, he acted off anger.

I was filed by anger too, the anger I dared never show anybody. I never really liked sowing emotion, I thought they were a sign of weakness, I thought that if I let my walls come down the whole world would see the real me. They would see me and be repulsed my it.

I think one day my walls could come down.

But today is not that day.

............................................................................................................

I walk the face of earth once more,

a mindless puppet, my strings are torn.

the creaky bones, the bad eyesight,

yet the chance to turn wrong to right.

wars-a-waging, old mans guilt,

the worlds now on more then just a tilt.

parents weeping, children slain,

bloody thoughts, fear will reign.

I look in the shadows, a creature did lurk,

he whispered to me, hiding a smirk.

"Thou shalt be killed if thee can't find,

the demon lurking in thou mind."

So off I ventured, to quench my thirst,

of corpses piled with hearts-a-burst.

And on that quest what did I see?

The Wicked Path Of Destiny

.........................................................................................................

I cant write poetry...

I Love this poem though, it's amazing.

-Ghost

Source: https://www.familyfriendpoems.com/poem/in-the-shadows