✔️8

Before asking any questions related to the plot of this book I request you to please read the New authors Note...

Edited and published on 19-11-2018

°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°

Meghna

I opened my eyes at the bright light which is coming from window sliders, I saw the other side of bed was empty, cold means he woke early. I sighed and stared at ceiling thinking what am I going to do today....

Hearing the footsteps approaching I turned to my right and saw him coming out the walk-in closet wearing gym clothes. Passing me a longing look he walked out of the room.

Letting out a sigh I sat up and noticed my dupatta lying on floor, rolling my eyes at my clumsiness I jumped out of bed and left to bathroom taking a red and green combo saree. I then remembered his words from yesterday and locked the closet door fearing he might come barging in while I'm showering.

After half hour I came out drying my hair and brushing it. I wore my bangles along with kangans, earrings and left my wedding chain on. I went to kitchen and looked around "Oh you're up already?" Rekha asked as soon as she entered the kitchen.

Smiling up at her I spoke "I've to perform aarti as its Friday" she gave me an impressed look and nodded at me to continue. Preparing the prasaadh I filled it in a silver bowl which Rekha handed me earlier.

By the time I've finished Prateek and Rekha were waiting for me to come out so that they can take aarti. Just then Jai entered living room after finishing his workout I guess as I noticed his sweaty body. Drifting my eyes back to the old couple I handed them prasaadh and made my way towards him as he stood there staring at me in ___fascination.

I motioned for him to take aarti with my eyes and in return he gave me a bewildered look. I frowned trying to read this man but after two minutes he started coughing and I noticed his eyes lingered on to the thali which I'm holding currently - he stared at it wide eyed and left upstairs coughing all the way.

What happened to him?

Placing the thali on table I rushed to our room to check on him. I found the room empty but then I heard the water running sound and walked towards the bathroom. I found it unlocked and the door is slightly ajar, knocking on it a few times I got his attention as he turned off the shower "Are you okay?" I asked.

Nothing...

"Jai? Are you okay? You seem to be coughing awhile ago.. Do you want me to get you some pills?"

After a minute he answered "No need I'm okay" I nodded even though I knew he can't see me.

Grabbing my mobile I went downstairs and my feet took me to kitchen where Rekha is preparing breakfast along with some maids. I helped them and soon we were sitting at dine table "Today's breakfast was prepared by her" Rekha said pointing at me.

I found Prateek and Jai's head snapped up instantly at her words "What? No. I just helped her" I said shaking my head at them. They sat across us while I took a seat beside Jai. He gave me a glance and continued to eat his food. I helped myself with food and silently started to eat.

"We're leaving today" Jai stated suddenly. The old couple looked at him in shock "Why don't you stay for a few days?" Prateek asked him and I can see them giving yearning look at us.