Chapter 1

His fist collides with my face. I get knocked backwards and my head slams against my wardrobe. "Why did she leave us?" My Dad slurred.

Tears run down my face as I try to get back up. The next thing I know, a whiskey bottles is being thrown at me. It smashes right beside my face. Glass shatters everywhere, small fragments go into my face. I bite my lip hard as I try to keep my sobs contained.

"Slut." I hear him mutter before leaving. Slowly I get up, trying not to get any glass stuck in my feet. I go to the door and shut it. I wish there was a lock, but I've learnt that if u stop him from getting to you, the beating is much worse. I sink to the floor as I sob into my hands. Oh how I wish I was dead.

---

I wake up just before my alarm clock goes off. I turn it off and slip out of bed, wincing at every slight movement. I barely slept last night, it took me ages to clean up and get all the glass out of my skin. My face was littered with tiny cuts. The bruise under my eye is purple and black and it hurts so much. To make life worse, today is my first day at sixth form.

I cover my bruises with concealer and foundation and coat my eyelashes with mascara. The cuts are not very visible with the mask of makeup. I pull on a navy blue jumper, making sure my sleeves cover all my arm. I wear some ripped black jeans and some 'old skool' vans. I run my hand through my thick dark brown hair and decide to just leave it out.

After brushing my teeth I go downstairs, Dad has already left for work. I look at the table and theres a note and some flowers. I pick up the note. Ive had hundreds of these notes and flowers before; all empty apologies.

'I'm so sorry for last night, I promise I'll never do it again. I love u so much, good luck in sixth form -Dad'

The deep overwhelming sadness floods through me. I think my depression has reached a new level of bad. The constant sadness and emptiness fills me all the time. I feel like I'm carrying this heavy weight with me and I can never shift it. Its choking me, the immense sensation of misery is slowly eating me alive...

-

I sit in my new registration class alone. Groups of kids are sitting together, giggling and chatting.

The class room door swings open. "Who the hell invented stairs?" He wheezes and the class falls silent and looks at him. "What you never seen Beyoncé in man form?!" He rolled his eyes at them.

The teacher coughs. "You must be Jack." She looks at him with a sort of disgusted look. Jack grimaced at her and looked around the class room. Most of the seats are taken. He looks at me. I gulp slightly and quickly look away.

He walks over to me and throws his bag on the table. He pulls a chair out and looks at me. "Im Ja-"

"Excuse me, I dont appreciate being ignored. Its your first day and you are already late." The teacher interrupts and walks over. I watch them as he continues to respond with sarcastic remarks. She finally leaves, muttering under her breath about how rude young people are.

"Anyway babe, Im Jack." He grinned. I smiled and took in his appearance. His skin was pale and his hair was a dirty blonde. His nails were painted black and he had several bands on his hand.

"Hi. Im P-primrose." I stuttered, no louder than a whisper. The sound of my own voice made my face go red. He furrowed his brows.

My situation at home and the constant isolation has had a real negative affect on me. The doctor just told my dad to keep trying to talk to me but slowly I have begun to say less and less. However I am not mute, I just find it extremely difficult to form words and I loathe the sound of my voice.

"You're a shy one." A smile grew on his face as my face went an even brighter red. "Its fine, don't stress it."

I smiled back, feeling relieved. I could tell I liked him a lot. Ive never had a real friend before. Mum left when I was about 13 and I stopped going to school. So Dad ended up getting me home schooled since. But Alevels are much harder to GCSEs, so I had to go to a college.

He pulled out his phone and opened it. His screensaver was him and another boy. The other boy was kissing Jacks cheek. I smiled, it was so cute but genuinely made me feel so single. He opened up his call log.

"Add your number Prim." He looked up at me and smiled. I took it, my hands slightly shaking. Why the heck were my hands shaking?! I typed my number in and saved it. "Are u an internal student?"

I shook my head. "Good, that means we in this together. What do u take?"

Fuck, I have to speak. "English, Politics and Art." I muster up, my words coming out softly and only slightly louder than a whisper. He grins.

"Ayee, Englishhh together. But who the hell takes politics!" He laughs. We compare our timetables and luckily we have a lot of frees together.

My first lesson is English. "Its in the art block, what the fuck?" Jack groans as we made our way to the classroom. We were early and chose seats at the back. The room had obviously been renovated from an art room to an English room; there was carpet on the floor and no art on display however there were a couple boxes and easels in the corner of the room. The class slowly began to fill up and everyone picked their seats.

The door opened and a young man walked in. I was still getting stuff out of my bag.

"Jesus Christ, take me now Zaddy." I heard Jack whisper under his breath. I looked up in confusion and my eyes met the teacher.

GOD DAMN.

***

I have not written in ages and I am so disgusted with how I'm writing istg. I write like a 10 year old. Im doing Alevel English aswell. Lol
:')

Anyway, what are u guys thinking so far? Absolutely crap or is it alright. Please comment and vote.

Love ya💕