Chapter 14

I ran out of the building, the cold wind hit my face instantly. The cars rushing across the road infront of me, merged into a loud blur. I shut my eyes trying to control myself for a few seconds. I had to get home.

I was so dizzy I hadn't even noticed the door behind me swing open. I staggered backwards as my panic attack drew worse.

The last thing I remembered was two very familiar hands catching me.

---

My eyes fluttered open to see Caleb frantically pacing back and forward with his phone to his ear. "Yes I've done that!" He almost yelled to the person at the other end.

As I tried to sit up, I groaned lightly. He spun round to look at me and his eyes widened. "Rose! Oh she's awake now, thankyou for everything." He said quickly on the phone before ending the call.

His face was filled with relief. He looked less tense but a conflicted expression was clear. I rubbed my eyes unhappily, I didn't feel well at all. I looked around trying to work out where I was, I think it was the entrance to his apartment block.

"What happened? Where am I?" My voice wavered, I was close to crying. My hand went up to my cheek, I've already been crying??

Caleb sat down next to me and took my hands in his. "Don't worry, just focus on getting hold of yourself. Calm your heart rate. Ill go get you a drink."

He was about to stand up and leave me but I grabbed his hand. "Please stay." I whispered.

He didn't reply, he simply just sat down and held me protectively. I rested my head against his shoulder and looked up at him. His eyes were brimmed with tears. What on earth was going on?

We sat there for quite a long while before we were both interrupted. A man had walked into the building and looked at us with a puzzled expression.

Caleb must have noticed the logo on his outfit because he jumped up. "Are you here to fix the heater?!"

"In room [insert room number lol] ?" He nodded.

"Yes, that's us." Caleb took my hand again in his and gestured that we are going upstairs.

I nodded and stood up warily, my legs still slightly shaking. We walked upstairs and I literally collapsed on his sofa.

Caleb went to go speak to the Boiler repair guy while I just stayed in silence. The heat seemed to jog my memory, slowly I was remembering everything.

FUCK! He saw my scars! And then I ran off and stupidly fainted. Caleb's going to ask me questions, I have to leave.

I was about to get up but he was already there. "He said he won't take long. I got you a cold drink." He handed it to me, his head slightly tilted as he looked at my expression.

"You're panicking, I can see it in your eyes. Baby listen, if you don't want to talk about it, that's fine. I'm not here to make you do something you don't want."

Wait hold up. Did he say.... baby!

"But I really want to talk about it so um... please."

I nodded hesitantly and looked away from him. Open up! Tell him everything. Tell him about your dad...

I was panicking more now so I drank the whole glass as fast as anything. How do I tell him exactly?!

"Thankyou so much." Caleb walked into the room with the boiler guy. He handed him the money.

"No problem, just keep an eye on it." He smiled. "It'll take about an hour for your place to calm down."

He looked at me and chuckled lightly. "You guys are a lovely couple."