Chapter 4

I pulled on a white jumper, a green bomber jacket, some black jeans and white Adidas shoes. I added a black eyeliner wing to my makeup look today. For my hair, I tied it into two braids and let them fall down my back. I don't know why I make all this effort, I am forever going to be a disgusting mess. My arm still stung from last night but I wanted that... I deserved that.

---

I walked into Politics and chose a seat right at the back and in the corner. Other students were coming in now. I looked up to see the boy from Art who was kind of weird when he complimented my work. "Anybody sitting here?" He had a smirk sprawled across his face.

I groaned mentally and shook my head. He grinned. "Toby, Eli, Seats at the back." Two boys turned and looked at me. Fucks sake. I hate this. The guy turned to me. "I'm Noah by the way."

He sat down next to me and pulled a pen out of his backpack. "So babe, what's your name?"

"Primrose." I said quietly. His smirk grew wider.

"Such a pretty name-" He had to stop talking because the teacher had started.

Politics was actually alright. We were studying the effectiveness of modern day democracy in the UK.

At the end of the lesson I quickly left before he could talk to me. I met Jack and we both walked to English. "I think Mr Harding is actually going to be the only reason I don't skip his lesson." Jack was giggling. He had already skipped two lessons of drama and its only the second day. I wish I had his guts, I was too scared my dad would find out.

Mr Harding watched me as I walked into the classroom. I gulped slightly, feeling his eyes on my back as I walked. I took my seat and looked at the front of the class. He glanced away and started sorting through some papers. He was looking at me weirdly today. As if he was trying to figure something out.

The class went by slowly. He stopped looking at me altogether, almost dodging my eyes. What was going on? My heart was racing fast. My breathing was quickening. What did he know? What did everyone know? "Babe are you okay?" I heard Jack whisper. I think he had figured I was not normal but he hadn't left me yet. I could not put into words how much I appreciated that. Loneliness is a ghastly thing.

I was tugging on my sleeves under the table. Suddenly I felt his hand take one of mine. "Its alright, I'm here." He interlocked our fingers and his thumb caressed the top of my hand in a smooth rhythm that somehow calmed my heart rate. My breathing was fine, and my mind started to slowly clear up.

"Thank You." I whispered, almost not audible for him to hear. I felt him smile.

He only took his hand away when Mr Harding started walking around and handing out sheets. I didn't have the will to do it. I was so exhausted, I got to bed around 3am because I cried so much and then I had to clean up my mess.

"Can I have the sheets back in please?" Mr Harding said. Jack looked over at mine and his eyes widened. It was completely blank.

"Prim!" I could see he was trying to work out how to help me. I was having a mini meltdown, how the fuck am I supposed to get out of this one?!

Mr Harding took Jacks paper and then looked at mine, up at me and then back down. "W-why?" My face was bright red and my hands were slightly shaking. "Ill talk to you in art." He mumbled and then walked away.

---

Art came too fast. Ms Potter had already set everything up in his room. I felt so sick. I walked in and looked around. He wasn't there. I sighed in relief and began painting. It was coming along alright but still had a far way to go. My goal was to finish it tomorrow.

It was 15 minutes before the bell and Mr Harding finally showed up. "Hi." He smiled at me, slightly out of breath. He glanced up at me again, why did he look all concerned? He sat down at his desk. Had he forgotten about the English sheet?!

My phone started ringing. I quickly picked it up and checked the ID. 'Jack' I looked at in confusion, he knew I had art, why was he calling? I left the room to answer it.

"Jack?"

"Prim, I just... I had to tell you. Well I just passed some art teacher, Mr Harding and this other teacher and they were talking about you.." His voice was full of sympathy and worry. My heart dropped. I didn't reply.

"Th-they were talking about your.... your... um... s-suicide attempts." He stuttered. what... I felt like throwing up. I felt so sick, my hands were shaking. How could they know? My Dad told the school! My heart was beating so fast.

TW: Panic Attack

I sat down, my feet unable to hold me. My back was against the wall and the phone slipped out of my fingers. I felt like I was suddenly battling to breath, the floor became unstable. I felt trapped inside my own body and everything was moving too fast. I shut my eyes tightly, wishing I could just jump out of my skin to skip all of this.

It finally passed. I think the best way to describe a panic attack is when you miss a step on the stairs and your stomach lurches. But imagine that momentary feeling lasting much longer. That's how it feels.

I felt exhausted and dizzy when I got up. I was so thankful nobody was there to see that. I stumbled back to the classroom. My phone was still on. I ended the call, my head still fuzzy and my body felt so heavy. I pushed open the door and slumped back into my seat.

"Are you okay?" Mr Harding stood up. I hated him, how dare he look into my private life. I didn't want to be there. Just then the door swung open.

"Prim!" It was Jack, I looked up at him, my eyes filled with tears and my hands still shaky. He ran to my side, his eyes filled with worry. I let my head fall onto his shoulder, tears escaping now. A deep shaky breath passed my lips as I was on the verge of just crying.

"Sir, I'm going to take her home." He said, not taking his eyes away from me.

"O-okay. Ill alert her other teachers. A-are you okay?" I refused to look at him, instead I kept my head buried in Jacks shoulder. He packed my stuff, only moving his arms so he didn't move me. He then picked up my head and looked at me.

My face was pale and my eyes were red. He took my bag in one hand and my hand in the other. "Can you put away her art stuff please?" Jack said to sir, his tone laced with anger towards him.

"S-sure. Is there anything I can do?" I could tell by Mr Hardings voice that he was extremely worried. Jack didn't reply and we left.

---

He took me inside his house and sat me on the sofa. "Ill get you some water." He whispered and kissed me gently on my forehead. Tears were streaming down, I couldn't stop the overwhelming weight of everything, it made my mind so busy. I felt like I was always battling with my mind just to stay sane.

"Mum!" Jack called as he walked over to the kitchen. I could hear her running downstairs.

"What you doing hom-" She stopped and looked at me. Mascara had run down my face, my eyes were still red from crying and my hands were still shaking. "Oh my goodness Darling are you alright?"

Jack walked in with a glass of cold water and handed it to me. I took a couple of sips and put it down, feeling the cold liquid rush down me. I looked at my hands and started counting in my head. Whatever this is, I need to calm down.

His mum walked up and sat down next to me. She picked up a tissue and wiped my cheeks gently. I felt her take my hands into hers. "Its okay." I looked up at her, my eyes helpless and filled with pain. "Lie down darling, you look exhausted."

I did as she said, she put a blanket over my body and I let my eyes fall shut. The last thing I heard was Jack telling his mum about how pissed of he was at the school.

---

I think this chapter was mostly just showing you all about her mental state.

Lowkey tho, where's my Jack?

Please tell me what you thought, was it shit? Tell me. Actually dont be too hard on me, your girls sensitive. 😂

Please comment, vote and follow me. Love you all 💙