11

Bitin ba kayo last time? Oh eto na agad yung kasunod, love ko kayo eh.😉

There's a song attached to this update as well. Please don't play it yet. I have a note somewhere in this chapter so you'll know when to play it. Thanks!😉

****************

Richard woke up early the next day and started to prepare his things. He was planning to stay in the cabin for a while, secretly hoping that somehow Nicomaine will miss the taste of the lemon pie and go back to the store. He also thought that there might be a chance that she already went back to the store but it was close so he decided to extend their operations for a few more hours just in case Nicomaine decides to show up. He reached for his duffel bag on top of his wooden closet and opened the closet to get some spare clothes. Once he was done, he went out of the room and down the stairs to have breakfast in their dining area.

He found his father having his morning coffee in the dining table with Riza. He was hesitant at first, fearing that his father will ask him why he has his duffel bag when he usually goes to the store only with his small backpack. Yet, he still managed to greet them good morning. He saw his father looked up at him and his bag but he didn't say a word. So he pulled the chair across him and placed his duffel bag on the chair beside it before he sat down to join them for breakfast.

"Kuya, saan ang lakad mo? My outing kayo?" Riza asked looking at him then his bag then back at him again.

"Saan pa ba? Eh di sa store."

"Eh bakit ang laki ng bag mo?"

"Aaaah, I was actually planning to stay there for a while. Maybe a week or so. Balak ko kasi mag-extend na ng opening hours so I can cater to more customers. Will you be okay here?" Richard explained to Riza while eyeing his father to see his reaction.

"Bakit naman siya hindi magiging okay? Nandito naman ako." His dad suddenly butted in.

"Yes kuya, don't worry about me. If anything happens, andito naman si Dad."

"Sorry po, Dad. I didn't think that you could look out for Riza kasi busy ka din sa businesses natin."

"And what are you trying to imply, young man? Na hindi ko kaya alagaan ang kapatid mo? I know madami akong naging pagkukulang sa inyo pero sana maintindihan mo na ginawa ko lahat yun to give you everything that you need and want. Kaya nga bumabawi ako sa inyo ngayon. Please naman RJ, can we put it all behind and start anew? I'm really trying, anak." His dad pleaded as his voice shakes and his eyes filled with tears.

"I'm sorry po, Dad. I didn't mean it that way. I have to go." Richard stood up, got his duffel bag, walked to his car and hurriedly left as tears were already brimming in his eyes. He really did not mean to provoke his dad with what he asked Riza. He wasn't thinking about that at all. To him, it was just a question of concern for his younger sister. Nothing more. But the way it went out of his mouth conveyed a different meaning especially in front of their father. And he berated himself repeatedly while he was driving his way to the store. Ever since his mother died, his relationship with his father became very civil. His father did try to reach out to him and his younger sister but he was very adamant about it. He knew what he promised his mother, and he's really trying to keep that promise. But he can't just leave the past behind in an instant. He knew that only time can heal his wounds.

*******

Dei woke up late because she was dwelling on the conversation she had with Tita Rosie last night. As soon as she opened her eyes to the morning light, it was Richard that came to her mind. She looked at the palm of her hand and smiled as she remembered that moment when he held her hand and it felt like something in her ignited. She tried to get away with her thoughts of Richard as she went on to have breakfast.