CHAPTER 33: Joy Ride Up Her Coast

|:|A/N|:|

Just when you thought the season of giving was over you get a bonus chapter today! LOL I hope you accept this chapter as a thank you for all your love and support! Happy Holidays love bugs ;)

________

Damsel smiled when she heard a motorcycle rumbling in the parking lot. She adjusted the phone between her shoulder and ear as she peaked out the window. Her chest tightened when she saw James backing his bike into a space.

"Baby girl you still there?"

"Yeah daddy I'm here." She turned away from the window and brought her attention back to her conversation. "Are you bringing anything to Aunt Karen's Holiday party?"

"I don't know. I was thinking about making my jerk chicken. You used to love that with rice."

She smiled. "I remember. My mouth is watering already.."

"Do you uh...what do you...I mean do you think it's a good idea I go? Your mom will be there. I'm not sure how she's going to take to me being there."

Damsel pushed the rage down in her chest. "Don't even get me started on Bridget Kane. You're family and you belong with your family. You're going and that's final."

Her father's steady laugh brought a smile to her scowling face. "Yes ma'am. My goodness remind me never to get on your bad side."

Damsel fought and failed to stop the smile from spread across her face. "Speaking of going I need to finish getting ready." She caught her reflection in the mirror and winced. She'd just got out of the shower when her father called then she got caught up in conversation. There was so much to catch up on and as absurd as it sounded she wanted to know everything right away. She wanted to close the gap the past twenty years caused sooner rather than later. It made her anxious knowing that she could lose him again even though things at rehab seemed to be going well.

"Okay darlin'. You have a nice time with James. Be safe baby girl."

"I will daddy. Love you."

"Love you too peanut."

Damsel scurried to the door when she heard James's signature knock which was two solid raps on the door.

"I know I'm not ready!" She pulled him into a quick hug, but before she could pull away he grabbed her waist and held her close to him.

"It's just you and me today baby. No worries, no studying, no time, appointments, reservations, places to get to...none of that." He stroked her cheek with his thumb her face cradled in his palm. He held her eyes for an extended period a time before leaning down and placing a chaste kiss to her lips. Her skin started to tingle and she yearned for more wanted all of him on her, in her, around her. The corner of his mouth pulled up as if he already knew where he mind was going then he released her grabbing her ass when she turned to go to her room. She yipped and looked back at him over her shoulder a fair warning that they weren't going to go anywhere if he kept up with that sort of behavior.

He bit his bottom lip stirring her blood.

"I already packed lunch," He said following her into the apartment. "... and there's a seafood place right on the ocean that we're going to stop for dinner on our way back. I think you'll really love the ride up the coast perfect weather for it." He leaned on the door frame and crossed his arms.

"Talked to dad today." She said pulling on jeans.

"That's everyday since you saw him, right?"

She frowned and peaked her head outside the closet. "Yeah. I guess so." She pulled the shirt Cammie picked out via video chat early that morning. "Didn't know how much I missed him."