Goodbye ~SasuSaku One Shot~

Sasuke's POV

She took heavy breathes, sounding strained. I felt the rock swell in my throat as I held onto her as tight as I could. She let out soft laughs, making me wonder how she could laugh when she was freaking dying. I inhaled her flower scent, trying to remember little things about her I would surely forget. My hands rested on her lower back and her hair, gripping with everything I had. Why did she always have to do such annoying things? Like getting herself killed?

"S-Sasuke-kun," She whispered in my ear, making the rock swell into a boulder. I began to shake as she sat in my arms, tears forming into my eyes. I just had to lose everyone, didn't I? I cooed softly in her ear, quieting her. Her breathing was becoming slower by the second and I knew I would lose her any second. "Y-ya know," she began before she coughed into my back. I could feel the blood splat on to my shirt, staining it.

"D-don't," I said quickly, my voice cracking. I was acting like a pussy, but I couldn't help it. I loved her so much it literally hurt. I felt her laugh, making me move my hand to her mouth. "Shhh," I whispered, I looked into her green eyes. They had a certain dullness I didn't like. I wanted the smiley Sakura back, I didn't want the dying one. She gave me a soft smirk, her face smuged with blood. I licked my finger, trying to wipe it away as best I could. She wasn't crying which was odd, making me wonder if she even could cry.

"S-Sasuke-kun," She repeated, her eyes were barely open and I knew any moment she would be gone. She would leave me and join all my other loved ones that passed. She was leaving me, barely in my grasp and I couldn't stand it. I could feel myself breaking down, tears starting to topple out of eyes. So much for Uchiha Pride. "D-do you think y-your mom would h-have liked me?" She asked through a weak voice. I let out a chuckle, even when she was dying she could still surprise me. That's another thing I would miss about her, her random questions during the worst times.

One time we were at a funeral, for I don't recall who. It wasn't someone I knew very well, Sakura either, but the whole village was sent to attend. It was very quiet, some people silently crying. I hated funerals, they put me in this state of darkness that made me feel like I would never come out. But with Sakura, she could always pull me out, not even knowing it. Sakura had her arm interloped with my arm, her eyes teary. I could tell she wasn't one for funerals either, even though I don't think anyone enjoyed attending a funeral. She tensed next to me, making me pull her closer to me. "S-Sasuke-kun," she sniffled, trying to hold down her tears. I turned towards her, and cupped her cheek with my loose hand. She was much shorter than me, so I had to slightly slouch to get a view of her face.

"Yes?" I whispered, trying not to attract attenion. She let out a loud sigh, recieving some glares from people. I glared back at the people, who turned back around immediatly. I returned my attention back to the pinkette, concern starting to ball up in my stomach. I could feel her tears run on to my hand, making my hand wet. I pulled her chin up to look at me, as I whiped away her tears.

"C-can we get a dog?" I sat there for a second, trying to process what she was saying. ...A dog? I began to laugh, and I quickly covered my mouth. The same people glared at me. Sakura blushed, looking back at the ground. I looked back at the teary eyed girl, realizing just how much I loved her. She made me feel full of love, a feeling that I hadn't felt in a long time.

That was the day I had told her I loved her.

"Of course she would like you, she would love you," I mumbled, watching her eyes blink slowly. I could barely feel her breathing and I felt my heart skip a beat. There wasn't anything I could do, anything to save my precious cherry blossom. My flower was dying in my arms. She tried to wipe my tears, but she ended up smudging blood down my cheeks. I took her hands in mine trying to smile at her.

"I'm s-sorry," she whispered, her body wobbly. I pushed her head into

my chest, inhaling her scent again. I tightened my hand around hers, my other resting on her head again. "I love you, Uchiha," she said into my chest, her breathe leaving a warm spot. I felt my heart drop into my stomach, tears streaming into her pink hair.

"Sakura," I said, her quietness making me worried. She didn't reply and I felt like screaming. "S-Sakura," I repeated, hoping she just didn't hear me. I pulled her shoulders out, her face peaceful. "Sakura!" I screamed, her head falling forward. I felt something break inside me, pain irrupting all over my body. "Don't die! Sakura! I love you so much! My life is nothing without you! I swear to God if you don't answer me I'll kill myself! I can't live without you!" I already knew how upset she would be if I would do so, she would never talk to me again. I pulled my face into her chest, trying to muffle my screams.

Her body shuck lifelessly in my arms, her arms wiggling by her sides. I took in a deep breath of her scent, trying to recollect myself. I sat there for awhile, my breathing heavy. I kept hoping she would rap her arms around me and start laughing like it was a joke. Or I would wake up from this nightmare with her curled under my arm like a small puppy. Her body slowly started to become cold, but I wouldn't leave her.

"You're beautiful and I love you," I nuzzled my face deeper into her stiff chest. It was weird not hearing her soft pitter patter of her heart, just silence. Silence was all I could hear, even though in my head it was like a hurricane. A hurricane of emotions sweeping over me. I don't know how I would move on with out her. She had stolen my heart, and when she had died, she didn't bother to return it.

There was a bang on our front door, but I ignored it. All I could do was hold Sakura in my arms. If I acted like she was alive, she was... Right? Her body was stiff and not kind like how it used to be. Like when she would touch me it was like a kitten pawing at me. I must have sat there for hours if she was cold. Was my body not warm enough for her?

The bang rang louder, but I still ignored it. I heard some rustling of things down the hallway. I tightened my grip on Sakura, slowly moving my face from her chest. Naruto ran down and gasped when he saw me. "What did you do?" He screamed as he ran up to me. I wouldn't let him have her. I grunted and pushed his body to the side.

"She's dead god dammit!" I screamed, tears reforming in my eyes. I didn't look at the blonde again. He didn't matter to me, the only thing that was important to me was Sakura. She was my life. She was my everything. Naruto left and I sat there with her in my arms, still. Our bedroom was growing dark, she still hadn't been alive for hours. It felt like years, that she had been gone forever. The sad part was I would never see her again.

Hear her laugh.

See her smile.

Gone.

"Sasuke Uchiha! I need you to put your hands up and walk away from Sakura Haruno!" I turned to see Shikamaru, the 'sheriff' of Konoha. I glared, standing up with Sakura in my arms. I began to step backwards, keeping my hands tightly around her. I wouldn't let him take her, no. She was mine. "Sasuke," he sighed, walking closer to me. He had his gun in hand. I flinched, but still didn't hesitate of letting him have her.

"You're under arrest of murder in the 1st degree. I need you to put Sakura down and put your hands up."