e p i l o g u e

Sadie Sink as Laela (Noah's Friend)

Five years later.

Miles has been rejusting to his new life. He's been crowned the king of all vampires (not that he wants it). He doesn't like how people treat him, like just because he's a lot different from them doesn't mean he deserves this special treatment. He acts like how he normally would, just like himself. He told his mother and his younger brother what happened to him, a week later after the incident.

They had...trouble accepting that he was now, in fact, a dead but also still alive vampire. He can die, but he has no heartbeat and/or pusle. He doesn't need to breathe, but he still does it in public so he can have some normalcy.

But above all, he misses Aldon. Some days he misses Aldon something terrible, sometimes the loss is so great he can do nothing but cry. But other days, he doesn't mind the loss or grief, he just gets a little sad but then the sad thought vanishes, then he's back to normal.

After Aldon's death, Miles perserved his body in a glass coffin but the glass was covered in flowers of all kinds. He likes to remember him this way. He also kept a monument of Gen, even though she was the one who turned Miles and then killed Aldon.

(Other vampires thought he was crazy for doing such a thing, but he likes it and that's all that matters.)

Some days, Miles will read to Aldon even though he knows Aldon can't hear him. He just likes to. Maybe, that's what they could have done, when Aldon was still alive but who knows?

Miles still sees his friends and family from time to time, but mostly he just roams. He doesn't know if he's looking for a place or a person, he just roams. Sometimes, he'll be gone for days at a time and then come back home. But mostly, he roams to place the feeling of missing someone elsewhere. He places that loss and love behind a rock in a park, underneath the dirt of soft grass.

He places it in the California sand, he places it in the sweltering humidity of Florida. He places it anywhere. He places the hurt in spaces where no one thinks to look, where he and along with others, to forget that hurt.

But he always ends up going back, back to Aldon and uncovering the flower curtains and seeing his lifeless face. He wonders if he could just open the glass coffin, and touch him. Just to hold his hand, and touch the softness of Aldon's hair.

Miles doesn't know what he craves more; forgetting the hurt, or wanting to touch him again for the last time.

The latter takes over.

He opens the glass coffin so carefully, he doesn't think he's even opening it. But he is. He reaches a hand out, and ever so gently, touches Aldon's hand.

It's cold and pale and lifeless.

Not at all what Miles hand is. Mile hand has color and warmth and it's alive..for the most part.

Miles crys silently. He let's his tears slip down his cheeks and onto Aldon's hand. He remembers the movie Tangled, how after Eugene cut Rapunzel's hair and was practically dying, her tears gave him life. (Or some shit like that).

He wishes that could happen. That his tears would magically bring Aldon back from the dead again, but he knows that won't happen.

So, he wipes away his tears and takes a deep breath in, but as he's about to pull away, he feels something. Just the slightest touch, a whisper of a touch really.

He looks at Aldon's hand, and sees. He sees the faintest touch of movement.

Miles grins, it's barely noticeable; but he can feel the pull of lips etch into a grin.

He knows now. He knows that they'll be more days to come, but he doesn't mind waiting anymore.

El fin.

.
.
.
.

That's it. That's the end.

- alexx