one

wc : 2261

Eggsy couldn't sleep.

It was cold in the room that Ginger had supplied him and Merlin in the Statesman Headquarters. The thick wool blanket draped over his body, hugging his every figure. Eggsy clenched tight on the blanket and tried to reposition his head in the soft pillow.

Something just didn't feel right. The bed was too small and too creaky, and the pillow was too pliant and cottony. The blanket, even though thick and soft, didn't provide enough warmth to soothe the coldness that had crept up his body. He shuddered, the room wasn't that cold, but it felt cold enough to him.

Eggsy's back ached in discomfort as he tried to roll to his side, it not making any differences either. He sighed and turned around in his bed, facing a sleeping Merlin on another single bed next to him that is placed a couple feet away from his bed. He didn't know how Merlin was able to sleep tight and peacefully over all that is happening right now.

Merlin lost his lover, Roxy on the bombing. Eggsy knew he was absolutely dejected after the tragic event. But still, Merlin being Merlin, he managed to keep his head high and still convinced Eggsy to not focus on emotions and feelings. He didn't show any emotion about the event, at least not in front of him. Eggsy admired that from the man, how he still stayed and managed to be strong after he lost his workplace, colleagues, and Roxy.

He missed Roxy. So much. Roxy had always been there for him, when they were just started in Kingsman, when Eggsy used to visit her every Saturdays after keeping an eye at the tailor, where they just hung around together and joke in the headquarters, even when she had helped him with all the questions about politics and such that Tilde's father shot him in their family dinner at the palace.

Tilde. Oh.

Eggsy had wanted a separation with Tilde just yesterday from the phone, he said that 'too much is happening right now, I have to focus on my mission now first, alright?' and even though Tilde was upset, but nevertheless she agreed because she had to help his father take care of those that got the blue rash in her homeland.

There's too much things going on in the world right now, with all the blue rash that is infecting almost everyone in the world and rumours about a drug cartel in Cambodia that is behind all these things, Eggsy had to focus on these first. He won't have the time for Tilde anyways, he didn't want to keep her around and gave her false hope. He didn't have the time for relationships.

Also, he can't continue this relationship knowing that Harry had been alive all these bloody time. It wouldn't be fair for him, but it isn't fair for the princess either. He won't be able to continue the relationship knowing that Harry's still alive and wandering, he just needed to talk to the man.

If he was being honest, Eggsy kept Tilde around because he thought that she would be able to distract him from Harry piercing his thoughts. He thought that with her, he will forget and move on from Harry. But instead he became more miserable, every day waking up greeted by the Princess of Sweden's face, and not Harry's sleepy one.

Eggsy knew he was being selfish, for fuck's sake. But he can't help it. He knew he was hurting Tilde emotionally, so he broke things up with her and focused on trying to get Harry back. He might sound like a prick, but truth's out, he is.

He can't play around with a princess' feelings, the King of Sweden might have just hunt him down for hurting his daughter emotionally. But Tilde is stronger than that, she'll manage without him.

He rolled around in his bed once more, it's still uncomfortable for him. The bed isn't like Harry's bed back in Harry's house. Harry's bed is very soft and comfortable, mattress slightly firm but it dips right in if you sit on it, especially if you lay down. The pillows are absolutely perfect, made and fluffed with swan feather, and the covers lay soft against his cheek.