Chapter 3

I sat down on the couch, trying to sit as far away from the guy as possible.
"You can sit closer, I don't bite... sometimes." He smirked.
"I'd rather not. I prefer my blood inside of me rather than in another thing's stomach."
"Ouch" he replied, " well I guess I should introduce myself. My name's Connor."
"I don't really remember asking or for that matter caring but thanks anyways." I replied rolling my eyes at the vamp sitting next to me.
"Well here I was trying to be nice and yet you seem to hate me."
"Well you literally are keeping me here against my will."
Silently, Ethel kicked me, which was a subtle reminder to be nice to someone in a conversation.
I sighed
"My name's Nessa."
Unexpectedly Rye dropped the book he was reading. However almost as soon as the book hit the floor, it was back in his hands again.
"And why are you here Nessa?"
"I have no idea."
"You have no idea? WHAT DO YOU MEAN YOU HAVE NO IDEA?" Conner yelled, suddenly standing up from his seat on the chair. "We run an agency here. I thought that when you turned up we would finally be able to get paid, BUT NO! Instead i'm stuck with a little human girl who has NO IDEA WHY SHE'S HERE."
I sighed, pulling out my wallet and grabbing a huge wad of cash and rolling my eyes.
"Here, you can have this if you take me home."
Connor's amber eyes lit up as he gazed upon the thick wad of cash.
"Take you home? Alright then. All we need is your address."
I started telling Connor my address. As I did this Rye got out a laptop and started typing something.
"Hey guys... we have a problem." Rye muttered, his eyes glued to his laptop's screen. 
"What?"
"That place doesn't exist."
"What?" I asked, throwing Ethel off of my shoulder and grabbing the laptop off Rye.
I searched for any trace of my home, my school and my family. But I couldn't find anything.
"No.." I said, sitting down on the couch dejected, "That can't be."
Connor, amidst my sadness, sidled his way over to Rye.
"What's happening?" Rye whispered into his ear.
"I think she's in shock," Connor stated
"What do we do?"
"I think we're supposed to comfort her."
"Well go on then," Rye told Connor.
"I'm not comforting her; the only type of comforting I do is on bed."
That broke me out of my trance.
"EW!" I screamed, taking the pillow i was leaning on and throwing it straight into Connor's face.
"WHAT WAS THAT FOR?" Connor shouted.
"FOR BEING WEIRD!"
Connor sighed, "Well I have a hypothesis."
"Really?" Rye and I said at the exact same time.
"Either you are lying, or something weird is happening."
I stared at Connor, utterly dumbfounded at his stupidity.
"Well I guess you can't have the money then," I sighed putting the wad of cash, which I was for some reason still holding, back in my wallet.
"Wait wait wait," Connor requested, running forward and grabbing my hand.
"What?"
"You can live here?"
"What?"
"You can live here!"
"Excuse me?"
"It all makes sense. You can live in one of the rooms," Connor explained.
"And how does this benefit you?" I asked, cocking my head to one side.
"Well if you pay us rent, we can afford enough to not get evicted and help you find out what happened to your town," Connor explained, looking rather pleased with himself.
"That's not a bad idea... fine, i'll pay you rent."
"Deal," We both said, shaking hands.
"I'm gonna go upstairs and unpack.... unpack.... unpack my backpack." I shouted, running upstairs.
"Yes go upstairs make yourself at home." Connor shouted sarcastically at me, "you can have the room you woke up in."

"So what is this place anyways?" I asked Rye as I sat down on the couch next to him.
"This is an old manor."
"An old Manor?"
"Which we have turned into a detective agency."
"Oh cool."
"The only problem is we haven't had much people come to visit us. Our business is still quite new. Well it's really new. We haven't even had one customer yet."
Rye immediately went back to his book.
Suddenly Connor ran downstairs.
"We have a visitor," he yelled
"A visitor?" I asked, staring bewilderedly at the vampire who was currently hurtling down the stairs.
"How do you know?" I asked him.
"He heard her probably," Rye replied.
"Oh right... wait how do you know that she's a girl...."
"Hello," Connor smirked, throwing open the door and leaning against the door frame.
"Err hi," a voice said from the other room, " I heard this was a detective agency."
"Yup," Connor smirked (again), "so what's your problem?"
"Well," the girl said, pushing Connor aside and waltzing into the room, " I think my boyfriend's cheating on me, can you find out if he is?"
"Of course," Connor stated, stumbling a bit before regaining his posture. "Anything to help a beautiful young lady such as yourself."
"Pfft... says the guy who nearly threatened to throw a homeless girl out until she showed him her money."
"Oh don't mind my sister here," Connor shouted, running over to me and wrapping his hand around my mouth, "she can be quite sarcastic."
"Well what information do you have on your boyfriend?" Rye stated, whilst I brought my foot down on Connor's toe and glared daggers at him.
"Well I have these pictures," She stated whilst pulling out the photos.
"Well we will start tailing him in the morning," Connor asked.
"Bu bu bu bu," I interjected, "Give those photos here."
I snatched the photos off the girl and looked at them.
"I think you're the one being cheated with."
"What?" The girl asked.
"Well you see, judging by his ring, which looks like it's been worn but not well looked after, he seems to be married, besides the description on the ring says that he was married last month."
"What?" The girl said as she inspected the ring hung around the man's neck in the photo.
"Ring him if you don't believe me."
"Urgh that twit i'm going to kill him." The girl growled as she walked out the door. Before she left, she turned around.
"Here have this," she said putting a large wad of money into my hands, "Thank You so much. Im definitely recommending this place to my friends."
The girl left slamming the door behind her. Connor and Rye stared at me bewildered. I walked over to the two of them and split the money between them.
"I don't need it."
"Why? You barely have any belongings?"
"Well luckily for me I was going to set up a bank account for myself and brought all my money with me today." I stated to the two men staring shocked at me.
"I... I could've done that myself," Connor said.
"Well thanks for the thanks, I'm going to go on a shopping spree for stuff. Goodbye." I lectured as I walked out the door, Ethel trotting, invisible behind me.

"You like her don't you?" Rye said to Connor.
"As if," Connor replied hiding his slightly blushing face behind his jumper's sleeve.