Chapter 11: Night in Gale

Notes: This chapter is in Mon-El's point of view

________________________________________________________________

Mon-El bounced on his left leg a few times and made sure that there were no more lasting effects from the electrocution. He then looked at his watch as he entered Moon River through its main doors, around noon.

"Oh, hey BOSS!"

He heard Dana calling him as soon as he neared the bar.

"Hey Dana. So, everything ok around here?"

"Yes, things are good. Except your new girl hasn't been around for two days."

"My new girl?"

"Marley Danvers? The girl you told me to hire her sooner than the trial period?"

"Oh that girl. She's not my girl!"

Mon-El gave Donna a fake smile and waved his hand.

"She... eh... she asked me to have a few days off so she can attend to a personal matter. I gave her the permission."

Donna narrowed her eyes at him.

"Then why didn't she check in to tell me that?"

"Emm...It was a family emergency and she ran into me the other they and informed me, but I had to go in a hurry and couldn't find the chance to tell you."

Dana only huffed and stared at him in silence. She didn't get intimidated by him that easily like she used to. Sometimes Mon-El feared Dana was getting suspicious.

Mon-El straightened his collar and cleared his throat to sound more authoritative.

"Well, if that's all, you'd have to excuse me. I have some business to attend to in my office."

Dana sighed and dropped her eyes.

"Yes that was all. I leave you with your business."

Mon-El nodded and strode towards his office. He went straight for his desk and opened a drawer. He reached for the hidden compartment beneath it and drew out a small piece of paper from amongst other valuable secret documents he had put there. On it, only a sign was visible. A crescent moon. He held it in his hand and stared at it for long minutes, biting his lower lip.

A Memory flooded his mind.

It had been almost a year since Mon-El had left the palace, never imagining he would return. Yet here he was back in the same room where his father had died in his arms.

He walked to the late king's luxurious huge desk and searched it for any valuable documents. Damo and some other rebellion members had trained him well in the art of stealth, breaking and entering. Of course his old habits in sneaking away and shenanigans around the palace from childhood had a part in helping him improving so fast.

They perfectly knew that the queen would raid and claim anything his father owned to find anything about the Rebels, but there could be still some stuff her pawns might have missed and Damo had told Mon-El that his father had been collecting information on something very important in connection to the Dominators that he wouldn't even share with the Rebels and with him gone now, they needed to know what it was about.

Looking carefully around the desk, he spotted a craftily hidden button and pushed it. A small drawer jumped out, making Mon-El's heart rate spike.

He hurriedly went to look into it and saw only one thing in it. A small piece of paper with the shape of a crescent moon drawn onto it. He heard footsteps and pocketed the small piece quickly before running to the window where his rope was ready for him to climb down.