Chapter 13

Emma

Kaden was laying on the floor with an officer's knee in his back. The chained misfits were going wild, some were being handcuffed while others knew to hold their brothers back. Jack had his arm around Amanda and his other in front of me as to protect me from the bodies that were flying around us. As I looked around the room, everything was happening in slow motion. Stacy was behind the bar being handcuffed and Tony was rushing to help Stacy and yelling. Max was trying to push the officers off Kaden.

Everything came into real time as soon as I blinked my eyes. "Get off of her! She didn't do anything you ass hat!" Tony yelled as he was fighting the cop off of Stacy.

I pushed Jack's arm out of the way to get to Kaden. My eyes locked on his and they were wild. His normal bright blue eyes had a shade of gray that I haven't seen before. I reached for his face and his eyes soften just enough before I was pulled back. An arm wrapped around my middle and pulled me into a hard chest. My eyes never left Kaden's as I screamed his name. His eyes only darkened as he looked at the person behind me. I twisted up and turned to see Steve holding a cloth to his bleeding nose. I twisted and moved to be released from his embrace.

"Kaden!" Steve's arm only tightened even more.

"I swear to fucking god if you fucking touch her-" Kaden was an animal, making it difficult for the three officers to keep him still.

"You'll what? Are you going to threaten an officer of the law Mr. Black?" I could practically hear the smirk in Steve's voice.

"Stop moving Emma!" Steve yelled in my ear as he tried to stand with both of us.

The weight of Steve was soon ripped off my back. Squid pulled Steve by his bulletproof vest and stood in front of me.

A man entered the room after the chaos began to come to a head. The officers stilled as a man of authority came into their presences.

"Max? I apologize about my officers' behavior." The man took off his hat and helped Max to his feet.

Max took his hand and shook it, his visible stress fading away. "Peter good to see you again. As long as the officers release my men and apologize to the women in here I think we can call it even."

"Of course, Peter." He gave the other officers a signal and the officers started to un-cuff the misfits that were cuffed and get off of the ones that they were fighting.

Kaden jumped up from under the three officers and gave them a glare. He walked over to me and looked me over to make sure that I wasn't harmed during the initial raid. He guided me to where I left Jack and Amanda. He stood to my left and Amanda was to my right. I looked over to her and she smiled as the blood continued to drip down the side of her face. Stacy walked over from behind the bar with a clean white towel and handed it to Amanda.

"Max, we do have a search warrant for the garage that stores the bikes. My men seemed to skip over the location part of the search warrant and for that I'm truly sorry." Peter looked embarrassed and he was pissed with the mistake of his men.

"I'll be glad to show you the garage but first I would like you to call an ambulance out here for those you have injured. Look at my bartender, Amanda has blood dripping down her face and my other bartender is holding her arm. Not to mention some of your men man handled some of the women here. I would just like to make sure everyone is okay before we proceed."

"Of course, Max."

"Are you okay?" Kaden whispered in my ear. I shook my head yes and looked back at Amanda. "Don't worry, Max has paramedics coming to clean everyone up."

"I just want him gone Kaden." I whispered.

"Gladly kitten." I turned to hug him. Kaden wrapped his arms around me and buried his face in my neck. He took a deep breath and inhaled my scent.

After Max showed the officers the garage, the paramedics tended to the ones that were injured. I could tell Kaden was still fuming over what initially happened and in order to distract him I asked him to walk me to my room. Tony decided after tonight's events that he would close the bar early tonight.

Kaden opened the door to my room and Toulouse came running and meowing up a storm. He walked over to her food bowl and gave her some more food. She walked in between his legs and purred as she went to eat her new kibbles.

There's something sexy about seeing a man cater to a cat's needs. I closed the door behind me and kicked off my shoes. I grabbed my pj's and headed to the bathroom.

When I came out, Kaden was sitting in the corner waiting for me.

"I'll leave you two alone now."

Kaden made his way to the door but I stopped him. He turned to me confused and I smiled. I lifted his cut from his shoulders and set it on the chair Kaden was just in. I lifted his arms and guided his white t-shirt off of him. I kneeled to the ground and untied his boots.

"Kitten, you don't have to do that. I can take them off."

"I just don't want to be alone tonight Kaden." Kaden smiled and guided me towards the bed.

I sat down first and got under the covers. Kaden followed and laid on his back and pulled me closer. I snuggled into him and relaxed instantly. Toulouse jumped onto the bed and sat on the corner and soon was snoring herself to sleep.

Between Toulouse's snores and Kaden rubbing circles on my back, my eyes soon closed.

The last thing I heard before I fell asleep was Kaden whisper into my hair, "I could get used to this."

Hey loves!

I hope everyone had a wonderful holiday season and a very happy new year! Thank you for the continued support! Happy reading my loves!

xoxo

D