9.

Not edited

Word count : 1433

Chapter 9

.............................................................................................

I tense automatically thinking the worse, and i take a quick sneak peek towards the direction, taking a step cautiously towards, I squint my eyes to see a group of kids huddling up near the edge of the forest, i smile at them, I love kids. Curious to see what they were doing i slowly make my way towards them.

I peer over their shoulders to see them surrounding a little boy around 2 years old, on the ground in a fetal position, i realized almost instantly why the kids were here in a isolated place away from the adults.

"What is going on here?" I ask, although I knew exactly what was going on.

They stiffen turning around slowly with guilty expressions as they stare up as me in fright, running off before I could say anything else.

I sigh towards the direction they ran, kids will be kids.

I crouch down in front of the little boy holding my arms towards him, his tear stained big blue eyes stare up, in fright. His wavy dirty blonde hair covered some of his chubby rosy cheeks, his white top was now a shade of brown.

I smile at him softly reaching my arms out encouraging him to get up. He slowly gets up and hugs me, my heart melts making me coo, he was adorable.

I pull him closer holding him as I stand up, he was tiny in my arms.

"Hello, little guy" I coo, his head that was now resting against my chest.

"Im a big boy" he says wiping his eyes furiously with his tiny clutch fist.

"Yes you are" I smile down at him, chuckling.

"What's your name sweetie?" I ask, cooing at his cuteness

"My name tis Luca and I'm 3." He says holding up five cute short stubby fingers

I kiss his forehead, laughing

"Wow, what a big brave boy" I grin as he nods beaming up at me, he had a missing tooth, I beam back

"Did the tooth fairy visit you?" I ask

Tooth fairwy?" He looked confused.

He obviously didn't know what a tooth fairy was.

I frown, shaking my head dismissing the conversation.

"Where's your mummy?" I ask, patting his back smoothingly, looking down at him.

"She's busy cleawing the pack haouse everwydawy!" He looked sad.

I frown, children needs their mums especially around this age.

"Let's go look for mummy!" I tell him heading my way towards the pack house feeling numerous stares on my way.

"Baby girl!"

I look towards the emerging crowd to see Caiden marching his way towards me looking relieved, he quickly rushes towards me taking me in his arms hugging me.

I instantly snuggle against him, his posture lightens

"Where on earth where you, my wolf and I were getting restless!" He says furiously

"Didn't I tell you to stay with Jesse at all times!" He explained angry.

I pout before looking down embarrassed the pack members were watching our little exchangement.