A Bit About My School Life

I've known Joey since freshman year in high school. I first saw him on the first day of school during lunch, he sat at the lunch detention table. He was the type of bad student that would do something wrong and get lunch detention on the first and last day of school. Me and Joey rarely talked to each other throughout those four years. A teacher would assign a group or pair project in English or Science class or something. Me and Joey talked for the first time when we were in freshman Science class. He sat across from me, him sitting near me made me uncomfortable. Our Science teacher made us work together on a project. I was scared but we got through it. I remember Joey smart mouthing the teachers, getting into fights occasionally, he was hanging out with the wrong crowd. Joey was full blooded Italian but was born and raised here in America. He spoke in an accent like he was a character from The Godfather, he was fluent in the Italian language. I knew he lived with his grandmother, because the teachers would threaten to call her when he got in trouble, 'Don't make me call your Grandma!' or 'Wait until your Grandma hears about this when I call her!' and stuff like that. On the positive side, Joey never bullied me or tried to hurt me or anything like that. His friends would say to me that he liked me for a joke, I knew he really didn't...or did he, I don't know. I was scared of him but I always thought he was kinda cute. What made me think he was cute, his adorable smile and his chocolate brown eyes, he had pretty eyes. Valentines Day of senior year, I had the guts to write him a secret admirer letter and stuck it in his locker. He showed it to his friends, seemed like he wanted to know. I was too scared to tell him the truth. It's probably still a mystery to him.