Thinking of a Masterplan

Shawn

"Welcome to Bank of America! How can we get you started today?"

"I would like to open up a savings account." Stating to the representative.

"No problem ma'am! Is there a particular savings account your interested in?"

"Just a regular savings."

If this is going to be a steady yet temporary thing, then I'll need to manage my money better.

"Okay well, do you have a government official I.D along with your social security card? We have a regular savings account that requires a $300 minimum daily balance so to get started you need that today."

"No problem," I flashed my minimum $300 ready. Hope she wasn't trying to be funny, I did my research already. This is the closet bank to the apartment, in case Marlon wants to be petty and I need to walk.

"Good, now just so you know you don't have to have the minimum balance all the time. It is a penalty for not having the minimum, it's simply an $8.00 maintenance fee."

"That's no problem at all."

The representative took my information, linking my checking account to my new savings account. I deposited my three hundred dollars, then deposited the rest the next morning. Kept some to myself though. Still need a part time job just so I can start buying things without Marlon getting suspicious.

Trying to save for a two bedroom apartment that I don't give a damn what neighborhood it's in. Long as my daughter and myself are together I don't give a damn.

"Coming in late?" Marlon asked as I walked in the house.

"No actually, I slept here last night. What are you my probation officer or something?"

"Something like that, glad you brought that up though. Need you to go piss in this." Marlon said reaching to the top refrigerator to grab a home drug test.

"Excuse me?" I shot back.

"Mari needs somebody to watch her, mom can't do it, and daycare isn't open today."

"Marlon ... I'm not doing drugs, I'm not intoxicated or inebriated in any shape. Why are you making me do this?"

"House rules, besides that bottle you was nursing that you lied about cost you the tiny bit of trust that I had for you."

"So you just going to make up shitty house rules on the spot?"

"You're the one with the problem not me, it's either you do this or I'm not leaving you alone with Mari."

Swear it felt like I was biting my tongue so hard to keep from going off that I could taste blood. My blood was boiling, reluctantly I still took the cup and went into the bathroom. Pissed with the door open so there would be no discredit.

"Was that so hard?"

"Fuck you Marlon!"

"You want to but you can't!" He joked.

"Burn in hell!"

"Last time I checked your stuff has burned before."