twenty-three

"What?" Mingyu said. His eyes shone with worry and fear.

"I-I really can't." Wonwoo bit his lip, "I don't want to ruin your career, as much as I am an anti-fan of that. You are a celebrity, Mingyu. This is going to take a toll on your life. The greatest actor of South Korea is homosexual and has a boyfriend? Mingyu, what do you think the media would say abー"

Mingyu had let go of Wonwoo's hands and cupped his own ears.

"Wonwoo, I..." He looked around frantically, "I can't hear you. What are you s-saying?" His eyes glistened with tears that threatened to fall.

Wonwoo's heart broke at the sight. He didn't know that he affected Mingyu that much.

"I-I'm sorry, Mingyu. I really am."

"No no no no!" Mingyu yelled out loud, shocking Wonwoo to the bones. "I-I can't hear anything."

The anguish and fear and desperation in his voice made Wonwoo's heart wrenched.

"Mingyu, please, don't be like this," Wonwoo begged, "I don't want to ruin your career."

"Wonwoo, stop! Please. Make the ringing stop. Let me hear you." Mingyu's tears finally dropped and he too, dropped to his knees, his hands still securely cupped around his ears.

"I can't h-hear!" Mingyu cried again and again, he brought his knees up, curling into a ball on the floor. Wonwoo stood, looking at the crying boy, his heart shattered. And what was this ringing Mingyu hears?

"Ringing?" Wonwoo asked.

"I can't hear a-anything..." Mingyu continues to mutter, ignoring a confused Wonwoo.

Wonwoo reached out a hand, trying to comfort Mingyu. And it all hits him.

He has also injured his right ear, which might result in loss of hearing or deterioration of hearing, according to the  medical personnel.

Loss of hearing.

Wonwoo's eyes widened.

I-It can't be...

"Mingyu, Mingyu!" Wonwoo crouched down, laying a hand on the crying boy's shoulders.

"Mingyu, look at me." Using both his hands, Wonwoo held the side of Mingyu's head and brought it up. He looked at Mingyu straight in the eye.

Tears stained the cheeks of Mingyu, and fear was written all over his face.

He didn't say anything, his thumb just caressing Mingyu's temple.

Once Mingyu's sobs reduced to sniffling, Wonwoo let go of his head, and shows his palm to Mingyu. A signal for Wait.

Wonwoo quickly picks up the placard from the nearest table and whipped out a pen he had with him at all times. (You never know when you need a pen!)

He quickly scribbled a few words, and showed it to Mingyu.

Relax. You'll be fine. Do you trust me?

Mingyu nodded, albeit a little hesitantly, shaken up from his state of hearing.

Wonwoo smiled lightly and continued scribbling.

That's great. We shall go to the hospital, alright? You need a check up, Gyu.

Once again, Mingyu nodded. Throwing aside the placard and keeping his pen, Wonwoo quickly helped Mingyu up.

But Wonwoo quickly realised something.

He couldn't drive, neither can Mingyu in his state. There wasn't even a car to begin off. And Mingyu was one hot celebrity.

Ah, whatever. Hail a taxi.

And Wonwoo did just that.

On the taxi, Wonwoo worried for the other boy. What if he really couldn't hear? What would be the life of him from then on?

Then he felt a nudge on his shoulder. Looking up to Mingyu's fearful and swollen eyes, his heart twisted. Mingyu pointed to his phone laying on his hands.

Kim Mingyu

wonwoo...

i still cant hear

whats happening to me

comeon mingyu

you'll be fine.

trust me.

thank you.

hyung...

you will stay by me right?

of course :)

Wonwoo's heart lurched. Mingyu never called Wonwoo hyung. He looked at the actor looking out of the window.

Silently, he slipped his smaller hands into his bigger hands, and intertwined them together.

---
HI GUYS.

i hope this update was good, but its kindA shOrt. aha i know this story is kind all over the place :/ shit its like half of the usual length

its k ill be back another 2 weeks later for the next chap

or maybe earlier

or maybe later

soRRy cant keep up with dates :(

p.s wattpad aint letting me update wts D;