12

Phillip

Someone knocks on the door. I'm home alone with Angelica, My parents taking a walk in the woods.
I make sure Angelica is occupied and then open the door. A wide- eyed Theodosia shoves a piece of paper in my face. I try to speak but she puts her finger on my mouth and points to the paper, seemingly too excited to speak.

I open the paper and read in my head.
Dear Phillip,
I have seen the affects of your love on my daughter. She speaks your name with so much passion. I know you love her. I know she loves you. I could not make it for personal reasons. I do give you my permission to marry my daughter. Even if I'm not here, I can tell you that if you break her heart, more than just your pride will be broken.
In all respects,
A. Burr

I don't even realize I'm crying until I see a tear drop on the paper. I grab Theo and spin her around and around. She laughs and when I place her on the ground she hugs me.
"For real?"
"Yes! Yes!" She calls out shamelessly.
"Well, promises are meant for keeping... you really are good at keeping promises..." I say with a smirk.
I pull her inside and close the door.
"Phillip..." she says softly.

She comes up and puts her lips on mine. The kiss is long and sweet. But the longer it gets, the more intense it gets. She opens her mouth and we taste each other, her lips brushing against mine. I grab her waist and she runs her hand through my hair.

"EW, GET A ROOM, YOU TWO!" I hear a disgusted voice yell behind us. We look at my little sister and laugh. Oops, forgot Angie was there!

That's when my parents decide to walk through the door.
——————
Ok guys! Thanks for reading I love you all!
❤️❤️❤️
I really appreciate it!