Chapter 1

Nagisa walked into class E-3. Everyone was chatting to one another. Usually, Nagisa would've joined in but, not today. Not after what had happened last night. His mother had beat him against everything she could for what felt like hours. His whole body ached.

Karma glanced over at the blue-haired male. "Nagisa! C'mere!"

Nagisa ignored the red-haired male.

Karma Akabane was the troublemaker of the class, always getting into fights, yet his grades were outstanding. The only reason he was put as low as E-class was because of his horrid behavior. There wasn't a day since they met (except for when Karma was either suspended or school was out) that Karma hadn't teased Nagisa for his girly looks.

The students he was talking to were none other then Yūma Isogai, and Kaede Kayano. Yūma was described as the 'prince charming' of the class with his spiked brown hair and pale gold eyes with a warm personality. Kaede was the dangerous type, as she too had tentacles like Kuro-sensei. She had green hair tied up and pale gold eyes. She was usually very kind, especially to Nagisa in particular.

On the other side of the room, was the other troublemaker of the class, just a perfect match for Karma. It was Rio Nakamura, she had long blonde hair and pretty blue eyes, but you can't let her looks fool you. Or anyones looks in this class. After all, this is the Assassination Class.

Nakamura walked over and slung her arm around Nagisa's shoulder. "What's wrong Nagisa?" Of course, his classmates didn't know of Nagisa's home life.

"Nagisa, what's that on your arm? Are you hurt?" Yukiko Kanzaki asked. Kanzaki was the class idol, long straight black hair and ultra beautiful. Everyone in E-3 adored her.

"Oh... um.. i-it's nothing..." Nagisa muttered, putting his hand over the large bruise and pulling his sleeve down.

"Did you get into a fight? Do I need to give someone a beatdown?" Karma asked, cracking his knuckles in delight.

"N-No! I-it's nothing Karma!" Nagisa protested.

Karma tilted his head at Nagisa's behavior and was opening his mouth to say something when Kuro-sensei walked into the room. "Time for role class!" The yellow octopus-like creature said, putting the role book down on the teacher's podium with his tentacles.

As usual, gym started near the end of the day. Our gym teacher, Tadaomi Karasuma, was an Air Force Elite Solider and our teacher to top that off. One by one, he had the students try to land a hit on him. All failed.. until..

"Nagisa. Your turn." Karasuma said.

Nagisa nodded and got up, taking the Anti-me knife and getting in position. He gave a warm smile and walked to Karasuma. First, Karasuma stared at Nagisa in completely confusion until the knife came down on him.

Karasuma dodged easily, but didn't notice he'd left an opening. Nagisa used it to his advantage and moved with Karasuma, latching onto his back and touching him with his knife.