.two

I stood beside Tall Boy and Toni and I watched Jughead walk towards Sweet Pea enduring the Gauntlet. I wanted to rush in and help him, but Tall Boy holds my arm stopping me in my place. After Jughead regains his consciousness and Toni hands him his jacket, I went to him towards him and whispered something in his ear.

"You really shouldn't let Betty worry too much."

"Tati-" I manage to cover his mouth with my hand.

"It's Fairy Queen, Jones. Remember that."

"Why would Betty care anyways? She just broke up with me."

"And she also just unfriended me, guess I'm not alone then. But Betty truly cares for you okay, don't fuck it up for the both of you."

"Why are you here anyways?"

"Haven't you heard? I'm a serpent Jones. And now so are you. I might not know the reason you joined but I hope you've told Betty."

"No need, I think Archie can do it for me after all he's the one who told me Betty was breaking up with me."

"What? So, you're telling me Betty dumped you through Archie."

"That's what I just said."

"She must really love you then." I mutter lowly. I hear Jughead say what and I assume he doesn't hear what I say.

I stepped back and let Toni help him. Toni looks at me and we both nodded our heads as if some sort of silent agreement just exchanged. I watched them both leave before Tall Boy called me. Tall Boy told me to go with him to White Wyrm which I denied. He called over Sweet Pea and then insisted that Sweet Pea at least give me a ride home, we both wanted to decline but Tall Boy was firm in what he said so we both just went along with it.

"Ready to go to the Northside, Little Pea?" I taunted him.

"It's Sweet Pea."

"That's what I said, duh." We walked towards his motorcycle.

"Afraid Northsider?"

"Maybe you, if you let me drive." I say taunting him

"I'll just be afraid that you'll crash both of us into a wall."

"Is that a dare?"

"It's not. It's really not."

"I think it is. Come on, give me the keys." He doesn't comply and started up the engine.

"Guess that really is a hard no then." I hopped on behind him.

"But seriously I do know how to ride, I've stolen my dad's for a round or two." He doesn't bother responding and just drove off.

The ride to my house was silent except for me telling him the direction to my house. He wasn't driving too fast, so I didn't need to hold on to him. I looked at the side and see the houses have already closed and their lights have been turned off, so much unlike the Southside where there's still a bit of nightlife. When we got in front of my I house I stepped off.

"Thanks for the unnecessary ride."

"It's not like I had a choice."

"You did. You could've let Tall Boy punch you in the gut."

"I'm not in the mood for another beating."

"Why did Archie hit you that bad?"

"That Northsider? Pssh, he just hit me once."