.four

Later that day, Jughead calls me and the other younger serpents to talk about what's happening with his dad.

"Penny Peabody has got my dad dealing drugs. I know this, 'cause she had me doing it before him. Now, she's roped in Tall Boy, Fairy Queen and Sweet Pea," Jughead starts to explain.

"Man, if you're pissed because your old man tapped me instead of you..."

"No, Sweet Pea. I'm pissed because I don't want the Serpents to end up like the Ghoulies. And I doubt that any of you became Serpent just to be at the beck and call of a drug queen pin. I know where this ends. Death. Jail. Which is why in the interest of self-preservation, we have to take out Penny."

What Jughead said shocked me, not because he wants to take out Penny because I know deep down I want to be the one who does it.

"Snake Charmer's helped some of us."

"Oh, yeah? And what did she ask for in return, Sweet Pea, huh? How many favors? Now if we don't stop Penny tonight, she is going to get every single one of us in on this. I promise you. I promise you, Sweet Pea. What I am asking is, are you willing to risk your necks to save my dad's life?" Everyone becomes silent.

"What is the first law?" Toni asks as she stands up.

"No Serpent stands alone. I'm in." Sweet Pea answers

"Me, too" Toni says

"Me too. Just because I've been in this drug runs more than I want. And Jughead's right, what Penny wants us to do is not the Serpent's best interest. I don't want the Serpents to fall just because of her."

"Let's do this."

Everybody stands up and circles around. We then planned on how to take Penny, how will we get her of our backs.

"Fairy Queen do you know where Penny will be tonight?" Jughead asks

"As usual, we'll meet her in the warehouse at around 7. We get the supplies. And then we deliver."

We plan on meeting in front of the warehouse before 6. I go home to get something for my protection, a US 1918 Trench Knife and a Push dagger which I both place on the small space in between my boots with its special sheath. I meet everyone there and notice they were wearing masks except Jughead.

"I wasn't informed that we need masks."

"I told them, so they wouldn't get noticed." Jughead answers

"And you didn't tell me?"

"I thought you would want Penny to see you."

"I don't." I do, I really do. "I'm not gonna risk her knowing my face and possibly harming my mother Jughead." I want her to see my face and remember not to mess with me.

"Then sit this one out then." Sweet Pea pushes me to the side.

Jughead knocks and Penny opens the door expecting FP.

"Penny, ho-merry-ho."

Penny sighs. "Jughead Jones. Nice crowbar."

"This? Yeah, I brought it in case I needed to pry the door open." Jughead drops the crowbar.

"Well, are you gonna give me a hand with this stuff? Your dad will be here in like what, 15, 20 minutes. He probably won't be too happy to see you, huh?"

"I wouldn't worry about that. Neither of us are going to be here." Jughead signals us to come in.

They lined up behind him and I stay at the very back.