~Chapter One~

^^ picture of Fuyuki, my OC

It wasn't unusual for Shimo Fuyuki to be seen at the memorial stone however in the last year she hadn't been seen. She wasn't a well know ninja, not like Hatake Kakashi or Uchiha Itachi but a few did notice her disappearance and a few noticed her return.

It was surprisingly cold for a May morning but the white haired girl kneeling before the stone was unbothered by the chill. A bunch of white lilies were placed symbolising her pain for her friend as she stood to leave.

It was her orders to report directly to the Hokage when she arrived in Konaha but the both knew that she would have to make a stop before that happened. Fuyuki felt no need to rush as she strolled along the streets, the smallest of smiles on her lips as she watched a groups of children running past her playing tag.

Before she knew it that bold red building at the centre of the village appeared with young ninja in training eating there lunch out on the grass despite the cold weather. Although the stairs the the Hokages office were long her constant training meant that she didn't even break a sweat before she arrived at the grand oak door.

Her pale fist knocked on the door as she waited for the old familiar gruff voice to call her in. It had been over a year since she had last been in the office, over a year since she lost a friend.

"Come in." As expected the old man called her in almost immediately. The door was flung open by the young girl as she strode in, not shy or scared by the village leader.

"Ah Fuyuki I see you've returned." A warm smile grew on his leather skin as he watch the young kinoichi who returned a small smile that didn't quite reach her eyes.

"It's good to see you again child, how's your Aunt?" He places the scroll he was ready on his desk and rested his chin on his hands as he stared into her dark eyes.

"She is well Hokage-sama and sends her regards." He frowned at her formal response recalling how she called her gramps and used to laugh at his hat. The Hokage cleared his throat and became more serious as he spoke.

"You understand that as a shinobi of the Leaf that you must act out your duties. I also understand that hardships that have occurred however I have been lenient and allowed you a year to heal." Her head bowed to look at her feet, white locks cover her face.

"But you must return to you duties but considering recent events I've decided it's best that you be placed on a genin team." Quick as lighting her head shot up, eyes wide at the Hokages words.

"B-but you can't do that I m-mean-" Her usually strong and cold voice was laced with fear and weakness.

"I am well aware that under most circumstances you should be on a Chunin team but we don't have many Chunin your age that don't work under Root and you haven't had enough experience in a team your own age." Her small form began to shake as her hand clenched into fists.

"Gramps I don't think I can be in a team again." Her blue orbs finally met his but they were filled with tears when her voice cracked. The raw emotion that shone through her eyes make the old mans heart full with guilt, he didn't want to hurt her.

"Fuyuki if I didn't think you were able to do this I wouldn't of suggested it. I fully believe that you can over come this pain." She couldn't help but have no faith in his words but in her heart of hearts she knew that he wasn't going to take no for an answer.

"Hai Hokage-sama." She bowed as she should to her elder, patiently waiting for her dismissal.

"Okay child you may leave I send someone with the details to your home." Leaving as quickly as she could without being rude she ran towards her mothers clan compound.