Gabriel: I

Thanks for reading my book! It seriously means a lot to me! Oh, and Don't forget to click that vote button and comment if you enjoy the story!

P.S: This Fanfiction will have a couple of spoilers here and there. You have been warned

{ }

As the light from the crackling fireplace flickered over the walls of the grand Agreste Mansion and as these walls shielded the residents inside from the tar-black clouds in the night sky pouring rain all over Paris, only faint murmurs could be heard from the patriarch of the Agreste family's chamber.

"And you're sure this will work?", a sceptical Gabriel Agreste asked while fingering the brooch pinned to his suit.

The pin was a deep hue of purple with silver linings in the shape of a butterfly, but unlike most people would, Gabriel didn't keep it around because of its appearance.

"The moth miraculous can't usually take more than one akumatization at a time.", he continued.

"You have little faith in my abilities, Gabriel.", the entity replied in a hiss.

"Any sensible person would.", Gabriel rebutted, slightly scowling. "You don't exactly seem like the trustworthy type."

The entity made a deep-throated gurgle that loosely resembled a sigh.

Even though The creature was shrouded in black, Gabriel could clearly see that it was deformed, ugly, and seemed to be slowly melting as if it was standing in an oily flame. It had told him that it was merely a side effect of his...shifty personality. But saying that had only made Gabriel even more uncertain about their shady agreement.

"I assure you Gabriel, the power I have infused into your brooch has amplified its abilities. You will be able to make thousands of akumatizations without requiring to detransform to feed your...that.", The entity said, pointing to Gabriel's Kwaami, Nooroo.

Nooroo scowled at the figure, then quickly turned to Gabriel hoping that he could persuade him not to be swayed by the creature's sweet words.

"Master, please!", he begged. "Don't trust this-this creature! It is only using you for its own benefit! It does not care about what happens to you, or humanity! This is not what she would've want-"

"That's enough Nooroo!" Gabriel yelled, causing his Kwaami to flinch.

Gabriel was not stupid. He had known of the risks and consequences of the deal when the creature had first come to him.

It was quite simple really.

All he had to do was akumatize the creature's numerous...accomplices, (which the creature had assured him were qualified) and they would get him his long-desired prize; Ladybug and Chat Noir's miraculouses.

He would get his ultimate power and be able to make his one most-desired wish come true.

He could bring her back.

But of course, there's no such thing as a free meal.

The creature had told him that after he had gotten the miraculous, he had to allow the accomplices that he had akumatized to stay in their powerful state and be allowed to do as they will.

While this was a very risky agreement, Gabriel had no other choice.

He had made countless other attempts to get the heroes' miraculous but no matter what he did, each trial had ended fruitlessly.

His situation had definitely not improved when three other heroes suddenly began helping the Dynamic Duo.

Gabriel scowled in disgust as he remembered the huge, festive, Paris-wide celebration in honour of the city's amazing new heroes!

The entire team of miraculous superheroes showed up on the day to parade the city, sign autographs, and give a five-minute speech which all of Paris tuned in to listen to.

Even Adrien, his very own son, got caught up in all the excitement and went down to the town square to listen to the speech with his friends.

While Gabriel disliked Adrien's newfound obsession with Paris's superheroes, he was glad that he was overcoming his mild depression over her death.

Her.

She was the only person Gabriel had ever loved. Everything he ever did was always for her. Not only was she the love of his life, but the glue of his family. Her death was the worst thing to ever happen to him.

After she died he put on a stone-cold mask and locked his heart away from everyone, including Adrien. That was around the time he started using Nooroo for evil.

"Gabriel!", The creature yelled, snapping Gabriel out of his thoughts.

"What?!", Gabriel yelled back, slightly annoyed.

"So, do we have a deal or not?", the creature asked.

Nooroo looked up at Gabriel, silently hoping that he would see the light before he made a choice that he would undoubtedly regret.

"We...we have a deal.", Gabriel said bowing his head in submission.

"Swear it! Swear it on the River Styx!", The creature roared, beginning to get excited.

"I-I swear it on the River Styx."

Thunder rumbled in the background, sealing Gabriel's oath.

The creature let out a spine-chilling, maniacal laugh as Nooroo bowed his head in dismay.

"Yes! Yes!", The creature shouted in delight.

"Finally! I will finally be able to get back my throne and have revenge on those who wronged me! They will rue the day that they ever crossed Ouranus!"

---

A/N: Thanks again for reading my story! I'll try to get a better cover by the end of the month! I'll probably post every week or so if my life runs smoothly! But until the next chapter, au revoir!