Leo: II

BEFORE YOU READ THIS CHAPTER, you should know that it takes place after Leo has landed on Calypso's island for the second time and come back to camp.

Oh, and Apollo hadn't been turned human for reasons that shall be soon revealed. Soo, yeah.

Enjoy!

{  }

"Can't we at least talk about this?!", a frightened Leo shouted back as he dodged and weaved through the large, old, forest trees, trying, but failing to shake off his gaining pursuers.

Leo did not look forward to Fridays.

While this may seem like an absurd thing to most people, Friday signifying the close beginning of the weekends, Leo had a good reason to feel this way.

Leo hated Fridays because they were the days that Camp Jupiter came to visit.

While he liked that he got to see his Roman friends; which was quite a rare occurrence, he disliked getting his ass handed to him whenever they played any camp-v-camp sports.

The thing was, the Romans were organised, competitive, and extremely intelligent; planning for every possible contingency, and then some.

The Greeks were...not. But despite this, they had still had hope in their one most-played sport; 'Capture the Flag'.

However, since all their other attempts failed, the Greeks had decided to try a new tactic.

The 'Bait and Trap'.

But apparently, part of this tactic was to tell the 'bait' teammate to lure as many Romans as he could by using his 'natural annoyingness' (thanks, Clarisse) so they could ambush them, but in reality, leave him hanging while dozens of angry Romans chase him with sharp, pointy weapons.

Which leads us to Leo's current situation.

***

"Don't let him escape!", Leo heard a voice order from behind him accompanied with another arrow zipping past his head.

"Stupid Romans! Stupid Capture the Flag!", Leo grumbled under his breath as he threw another fireball over his shoulder.

Leo had been running for what had felt like hours, but he was still no closer to shaking off the furious Romans chasing him.

He had long given up looking for his, 'oh-so-trust-worthy' teammates, and was now just focusing on losing his 'oh-so-friendly' pursuers before he was filled with their 'oh-so-painful' arrows.

But that was turning out to be an even greater feat.

Nothing he knew was working. Everything he threw at them was easily countered as if they had gone to an Oracle before the game had begun—and knowing the Romans, they probably had.

Just as he reached the stream near the middle of the playfield and things were beginning to look grim, Leo finally realised what he was doing wrong.

He had been trying to get out of his situation using brute-force when all along, he should've turned to his most well-tuned skill.

He was going to have to talk his way out of his situation.

Leo stopped dead in his tracks and slowly turned around with his hands up to show that he had no weapons on him.

The Romans also came to a stop, confused. Leo could see in their expressions that they hadn't been expecting this to happen. That was good.

It meant that his plan was working.

"Fellas!", he exclaimed with a huge stupid grin plastered across his face, silently praying that they wouldn't choose to ignore him and finish the job. "How've you been?!"

The Romans narrowed their eyes at him suspiciously, trying to figure him out. Finally, after what had seemed like an eternity, one of them decided to speak up.

"What are you playing at, Valdez?", the boy grunted, not taking his eyes off him.

"Nothing!", he quickly exclaimed. "No games here! Just, you know, wanted to say hi to some of my bestest friends!"

The boy wrinkled his nose. "Bestest friends?", he said, scowling. "You didn't seem to think I was one of your bestest friends when you called me a 'good-for-nothing buffoon'.", the boy recalled.

Leo winced but kept up his happy facade. "Oh, that!", Leo said, rolling his eyes. "I was just joking! You know us Greeks, always joking around, and having fun! I didn't mean any of what I said!"

The boy crossed his arms while he stared at him sceptically. "So you're telling me that you didn't mean it when you called Lucy here an 'ugly-old-hag'? You're telling me that you didn't mean it when you told Brian that he should 'at-least-get-half-a-brain-cell-before-playing-Capture the flag'?", the boy questioned with an eyebrow raised.

"Yesss...?" Leo replied, his facade slowly dripping away.

There was a long, deathly silence between the two only filled by the sound of rushing water from the nearby stream.

The boy then sighed and turned back to the waiting Romans.

"Kill him."

***

A/N: Hey Guys! Hope you enjoyed this chapter! Comment if you did!

Also, don't forget to comment some constructive criticism! I need that too!

If you have any good ideas for the story, comment that as well! I'm open to any new ideas!

But until the next time we meet, au revoir!