Leo: III

Wow, you're still reading?! I'm impressed! Anyways, without further ado, chapter nombres tres, everybody!

{  }

As the Romans charged him, instead of his life flashing before his eyes, all Leo could see were all the times he got himself into this kind of situation.

There had always been him running away from a large mob of people that usually had quite painful tools on hand. And most of the time, the reason they had been chasing him wasn't even his fault.

I mean, was it really fair that his ex-football team got to take turns to pelt him with lemon peels just because he drank all the lemonade during the final match? Why couldn't they understand that the bench is one of the hardest positions to play?

Oh, and the time that the entire town tracked and hunted him down just because he may or may not have set fire to the food table at the town fair? They didn't even have any proof that it was him! Geez. You burn down the town hall a couple of times and you get labelled for life.

Plus, didn't he make it up to them when he voluntarily refilled the water bottles of the local swim team? Ok, fine. It was partially his fault that he filled it up in the nearby creek instead of just using a tap. But, drinking the creek water must of uhh...improved the swimmers' immune system, so the next time they drink polluted water they might not throw up?

Ok, yeah, that one was on him, but that's beside the point.

The point is that Leo was tired of running his whole life. He wanted to die a chaser, not a chasee.

Right then and there, Leo whispered a vow to himself that if he made it out of this alive, he would no longer run away from his problems. From now on, he would take them head-on.

If he made it out alive.

As the first Roman brought their sword down onto his head, Leo squeezed his eyes shut, waiting for the immense pain to come.

But instead of feeling a blunt pain on his head, Leo instead felt a burning scorch on his eyelids along with a bright yellow flash that resembled that of a flashbang. The pain was so intense that Leo felt like digging out his eyes, but as quickly as it came, it ended.

After a few moments, Leo finally decided to crack open his eyelids, but immediately regretted it.

The ground and stream were littered with Romans rolling around on the floor, wailing and howling. They were all scratching at their bloodshot-red eyes as if thousands of ants were crawling all over them, and judging from the pain they seemed to be in, they probably wished that that had been it. In the middle of it all stood the evil culprit, grinning as he examined what he had just accomplished.

Then, his eyes fell on Leo.

"Hey there, Lenold!", a cheerful Apollo yelled as he waved frantically to Leo.

Leo stood frozen to the spot, blubbering like an idiot. "W-wha-just-did-y-you-wait, wah?"

"It's good to see you too, Lenold.", Apollo replied, still grinning.

Leo finally gained some composure. "Apollo! What did you just do?!", he yelled, pointing to the now unconscious Romans.

Apollo's smile fell and in its place sat a frown. "What do you mean 'what did I just do', I just saved your life!", Apollo yelled back, shaking his head in disbelief.

Leo let out a groan-like sigh while massaging the bridge of his nose. "Ok, let me rephrase that for you. Apollo, why are there dozens of Roman children lying on the floor unconscious?"

"Oh, them.", Apollo scoffed. "They just passed out because I shined a sun ray in their eyes. Would've even knocked out a minor god" He continued. Chuckling as he lightly kicked the chest of the Roman closest to him. "They could've died. The lucky bastards."

It took all of Leo's will-power not to explode at the imbecilic excuse of a God that stood before him. "So let me get this straight." He began. "You took a solar beam, fresh off the Sun, and shined it in teenage demigods' faces."

"That's correct."

"A solar beam that can knock out Gods"

"Mm, hmm."

"Could've knocked me out too, y'know."

"I do know."

"R-right in their faces?"

"Correctamundo", Apollo replied while waving finger guns at him.

Leo groaned. "You know what Apollo? You're an idiot."

Apollo's face displayed a mixture of shocked and furious emotions. "Well, fine then!", he said, crossing his arms. "I'm sorry for saving your sorry butt! Next time, I'll just have to remember to leave you to be impaled!" And with that, he spun around and turned up his nose irritably.

Leo sighed. "Okay, look Apollo. I'm sorry for calling you an idiot, even if sometimes you may act like one. There, Happy?"

Apollo turned around content with the insincere apology he had just received. "Very. You know, I'd be darned if I don't make a haiku about this heartfelt moment we just shared."

Leo's eyes widened. "Haha. Uhh...no. That won't be necessary, Apollo-"

"You have said sorry," he began counting on his fingers.

Leo groaned for what must've been at least the thirtieth time today.

"And I have forgiven you,
You were a jerk, though." Apollo looked up at Leo like a child waiting for praise.

"Umm... Yes, that was great, Apollo?"

Apollo stared at Leo, his eyes begging for more validation.

"I uh...especially liked how you, uhh..." Leo trailed off.

"Totally cranked dem syllables?" Apollo offered.

"Sure." Leo shrugged. Just then, an uncertainty crossed his mind. "Oh, wait a second, how did you know I was in trouble in the first place?"

Apollo put on an extremely annoyed face and clenched his hands into fists, making Leo mentally curse himself for even asking the question. 

"Ahem. Well, you see...".

***

A/N: Ok. Alright. Umm...Your welcome for that longish chapter.

Uhh...(Honestly guys, I have no idea what to say here today) I hope you enjoyed it?

Comment, like and follow if you did?

Au revoir?!

(Please help me)