' 002! '

𝐯𝐚𝐥𝐞𝐫𝐢𝐞 𝐬𝐚𝐧𝐭𝐨𝐬.

It's been a week, five days

It's been a week, five days.. so a school week. Friday rolled around real fast, which also meant we were on Winter Break. Personally wasn't excited because I'd be doing what I normally would. For two weeks, I'd be staying home either writing, singing or making beats to sing over or write for.

My dad left the car while they went to wherever they went, so the trip of me walking to and from school wasn't necessary. Once eight period came about, the only reason I was relieved was because I got to be away from this hellhole and everyone in it.

"Valerie!" Well... almost everyone. I looked up and caught the eye of my best friend, who I'm sure I saw this morning but what good is a best friend who isn't hyped to see you every second of the day. Annalise had this smile on her face, and it could only mean one of two things:

She was happy to see me.

Or

She has something up her sleeve.

Most likely the latter, because she was the complete opposite of me and truth be told.. I say no to most of the things she does or asks me to do with her. I'm not against anyone else doing them, that's just me.

"I could have sworn you seen me this morning," I looked back down to my notebook with a soft smile on my face as I copied down the english notes on the board. Our teacher? Don't fucking ask me because she barely even shows concern to what we do. Copy, homework, test.

"I did, but I didn't have this news this morning."

"What news?"

"Well... my boyfriend invited me out to this party tonight and I thought why not bring my best-est friend along with me." I side-eyed her and she had this puppy pout which brought me to roll my eyes.

"One, best-est is not a word. Tw-"

"Wait! Before you say no, just hear me out!"

Sighing, I motioned for her to continue while finishing this final slide. "You barely leave the house and I think it'll be good for you to get out, expand your horizons. You need to be a little more social."

"What are you, Oprah?"

"No, I just want you to have a little fun in your life. Besides.. it doesn't hurt to leave your notebook home for once and get a tiny bit more of inspiration for your music." She had a point. All it took was one glance at her hopeful look and I gave in.

"Fine," I closed my book and stuffed it into my bag before getting up. "I'll go with you and your boyfriend."

Then it hit me. "Wait, who's your boyfriend?"

"You'll meet him tonight!" Anna was behind me standing straight and threw her purse over her shoulder. "Now let's go, we gotta start getting you ready. I'm picking your outfit."

"No dresses!"

"But-"

"No."

"Fine."

I hummed along to Belong To You as it blasted throughout my room while cleaning up my eyebrows in the body length mirror that was up against one of my walls

I hummed along to Belong To You as it blasted throughout my room while cleaning up my eyebrows in the body length mirror that was up against one of my walls. Anna was in the bathroom curling her hair and ended up being quicker than I thought.

One more layer of lip gloss and I was ready, kind of. I was nervous, I didn't know anyone who was going to be there and I'm pretty sure once given the opportunity Anna was going to disappear. "You ready?"

"I guess so," My response was followed by a shrug as I grabbed my phone and keys before we left. "Put the address in my phone."

In about fifteen minutes, we turned up at this house that was packed with people and music booming. I parked across the street and hopped out the car with Annalise close to my side. "Come on, Jahseh is out back with his boys."

"Jahseh..." I muttered confused but the second we got the the back and seen ol' dude with his friends I recognized him on spot. He's the one who had the blond/black dreads. He was also friends with Ski.

"Guys, this is my best friend, Valerie." I waved shyly and they all either nodded or waved, but Ski? His ass really sat there with a smirk on his face while looking at me. And just as I suspected, Annalise did her own thing and went off with her boyfriend. So that left me standing off to the side with my phone, looking awkward as usual.      

"Found out your name."

Looking up, I met his gaze and softly smiled. I didn't have the energy to be sarcastic tonight. "That you did."

"Why you ain't been at the courts? I was looking for you and..." Let's be honest here, I stopped listening because I was mesmerized. He was up close and somehow more captivating than before. I assume he noticed because I was interrupted by his laugh. That fucking laugh. "You good?"

"Uh, yeah.. sorry." My cheeks reddened from embarrassment and I looked down while pushing some of my curly strands before my ear.

"Sooooo, Valerie."

"So, uh..."

"Stokeley, that's my name but I go by Ski most of the time." I knew that second part, but he ain't need to know that.

"I like it, it's different." My smile was genuine once I managed to look back up, but only to look around and have it falter a bit. I didn't want to be here. So I grew some balls and asked a question I never thought I would. "I know this might sound weird, but do you want to get out of here?"

His eyebrow raised and he took a sip out of whatever was in his cup, "You want to leave already?"

"Parties aren't my thing." Twirling my keys with my index finger, I started walking away from him before turning around with a hopeful smile. "Ever been to Wynwood?"

Ski shook his head with a grin, downed what else was left of his drink and to the car we both went.    

❨✎❩ UNEDITED