I'll always help you

(I ship these two just as much as I ship SonAdow, also I went on this for a bit of help about Infinite  sonic.wikia.com/wiki/Infinite his old name before they changed it to Infinte was Zero, so I'm making Zero his old identies name before he became the Infinite we all know and love)

Gadget walked out of the resistance base, his hand moving to his wrist communicator. He quickly altered it to track Infinite's fading power.  
"There you are" Gadget whispered a small smile tugged at his lips before he races forwards following the faint signature.
The red wolf halted just near the edge of a painfully familiar clearing, Gadget shook his head clearing his thoughts of secret meets and kisses. The wolf's eyes landed on the Jackel before him and instantly raced towards him. Gadget slowly rolled Infinite onto his back to see half of the mask gone revealing the nasty scar over the dark male's right eye. 
Gadget gently cupped his cheek removing the last bit of the mask that covered the other's face and a pained groan came from the Jackel.
"Zero?" Gadget whispered softly saying the lost name as the other visibly tensed. 
A hand shot up and as he gripped Gadget's wrist painfully, a small trickle of blood came from where nails punctuated skin "N-Never call me that!" The jackel's different colored eyes flashed dangerously before he froze seeing the mobian before him. Infinite lept back in suprise at what he had done "Oh my..." 
Gadget quickly grabbed Infinite's arms before the Jackal could run "Zero! Stop!"
"I'm not Zero! I'm Infinite! Now unhand me!" Infinite said as he kicked Gadget trying to loosen the red wolf's grip.
Gadget let out a hiss as his grip held firm "calm down!"
Infinite's struggles slowly halted as he stared daggers at the other "what do you want? To gloat! I'm already losing my powers!" 
"No, I don't wish to do that at all" Gadget said as shock showed clearly in the Jackal's eyes Gadget smiled seeing those eyes again. 
Infinite looked confused "huh? But I hurt everyone"
"I want to help you" Gadget said as he reached up and cupped Infinite's cheek "we promised each other we would always remain by each other's side, don't you remember?"
Infinite froze, he didn't want to remember his life as that pathetic Zero, only as of now Infinite that's why he had the doctor hold the memories back of his weaker self and past life. Now, with out his powers that helped repressed them. Small snippets has come back, to his squad, of being here, but what he has been trying to remember was the lover he would meet frequently here. That was the only thing that his brain didn't seem to want to show, until the rookie from that stupid resistance had shown up here. How could he know about.... that's when the memories hit him.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
'Zero lay hand in hand with the red wolf, soft laughter came from the other as turned to look back at the Jackal. The soft brown eyes (I think it's brown) stared back at him and Zero quickly pulled the other into an embrace.
"I'm guessing you parents still aren't ok with this?" The wolf asked as Zero sighed with a shake of his head.
"No....they still think I shouldn't have any loose ends..." Zero said as he smelled the scent of his lover.
The red wolf rolled his eyes and gently booped the others nose "well, my parents adore you!"
"I have my ways" Zero let out a chuckle before growing a bit serious "I'm still surprised, they allowed a Jackal to-"
The wolf laughed cutting off the other "well, all they want it someone to treat me like I'm their world and you do that as well as care for and protect me"
"Why wouldn't I?" Zero said pulling the other closer burying his nose into the red fur sniffing the other and their scent he loved so much "you are there for me when my parents aren't, your family treats me like their son, you are the only one I've ever given my heart to and you've taught me everything I know now. We've had some downs, but you've always been there for me"
"And I always will be" the red wolf said before gently kissing Zero.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Infinite was awaken from his memory with a jolt as he noticed he wasn't standing anymore. A gentle hand cupped his cheek as his head rested comftably on his lovers lap.
"G-Gadget" Infinte whispered as the red wolf smiled and Infinte spoke as he gripped the ground as he repeated "I'm sorry"
Gadget shushed him with a gentle kiss to his forehead "it's alright love"
"No it's not not!" Infinite said pushing himself away from Gadget's grasp. "I hurt everyone! Sonic, the resistance that stood up against me....you..what does your parents think of me now, knowing I've hurt so many mobians."
"Concerned" Gadget said as Infinite snapped his head to stare at the other "they're more worried for you then, scared of you wanting to know what happened to their favorite son-in-law"
Gadget quickly held onto Infinite as more memories rushed into his head.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Zero sat hand in hand with Gadget at a table, their hands intertwined. Everyone they knew and loved were dancing happily as music blared. The jackal looked at their hands not once loosing the smile on his face before lifting Gadget's head before kissing him sweetly. Two rings on each of their hands caught his eye.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Infinite lay there as he slumped into Gadget's arms. "W-we were.."
"Yes, we are" Gadget said softly as he pulled Infinite into a hug. Infinite was frozen with fear and confusion as the red wolf holding him began to run his hand through his hair. His body relaxed at the familiarity of it and a content sigh came from him (if anyone knows what a Jackal's happy sounds are can you tell me that would be great).
"Infinite?" Gadget said perpously using the other's new name "I'm going to help you, if you like it or not" Infinite looked at Gadget again before sitting up and out of the others arms.
"No...I don't want you to be an outcast because of me" Infinite said softly.
"Does it look like I care" Gadget said as he cupped his loves cheek. "I just want my stupid Jackal back."
Infinite chuckled softly as he nuzzled into the touch and he gently grabbed it placing a kiss on the palm "I just....Love, can you not call me Zero? Well not until I'm ready....as Zero I was weak, pathetic...but, as Infinite I feel.
..stronger"
"You were always strong in my eyes" Gadget said as he saw the shock in Infinite's eyes before he nodded agreeing with the Jackal "but, if that means you return to my side, then I'll do it" 
"Thank you" Infinite smiled and before he knew it, he kissed Gadget. It was a kiss that they didn't know they needed until now, the love they shared all those years ago still burned brightly as they finally reunited again. They spent the night there like old times, at their secret place. Thankful their sounds weren't carried too far.
Gadget knew he'd have to do and risk alot to help the man he loves, but it was all worth it to be held by him again.