The party

So you're probably wondering, how on earth did Infinte get into this mess...this so called party. Well one thing, his very persuasive and very annoyingly adorable husband. Gadget dragged him to the party with a little resistance at first before promising they'll do something Infinite wished to do tomorrow. Well, said red wolf forgot to mention that all of the guests were fricking (he would had said the other word but, children were here, including Cream and Cheese and he'd never subject her to that kind of language, the other kids well he could care less) resistance fighters, all of them despising Infinte one way or another. So now the jackel sat silently in a corner hearing the laughter and chatter come from the party just a few feet away. Being the introvert he was now and didn't realise til after the party started as well as being a ex-villian yea not a very good conversation starter. So after, watching Gadget laugh at more of those stupid jokes that blue hedgehog uttered as well as trying to control his slight jealousy. Infinite decided to busy himself with a small suprise for Gadget he'd been working on.
With a flick of his hand, a carved piece of wood and a knife appeared. Ignoring the uneasy glances casted his way Infinte began to carve into the wood. His powers were weak but, they still remained surprising Gadget and Infinte, as well as those large skinny masked monsters that Inifnte used to attack the city, a few still remained sleeping soundly under his and Gadget's house in a hidden cavern that only Gadget and Infinite know about. Gadget even gave them names and called them big old puppies.
Infinte sighed softly as he tired to think of a way to sneak out of the party when a voice broke through his thoughts. "Hey Mr. Infinite?" said Jackal despite what others say totally did not jump and make the things he had fly out of his hands and dissapear.
Infinite looked down to see a familiar bunny and Chao standing infront of him and he smiled softly "Hey there Cream, hey Cheese"
"Are you ok, Mr. Infinte?" Cream said as she stepped forward and crawled into his lap and began to play with on is his hairs. "You seem lonely"
Infinite having a soft spot for the little bunny couldn't even lie to her to save his life and he sighed resting his head comftably in between her ears "just a bit overwhelmed by all of this, you and your friends maybe be nice to me now, but not everyone is happy to see me"
"Well, it might take awhile" Cream said turing to look at Infinte "maybe here talking to you might help them"
"You always look on the bright side of things" Infinite said with a laugh as Cheese decided to snuggle onto his head and saw Gadget smiling at him from where he stood.
"How's Fluffy?" Cream asked referring to one of the skinny monsters, she smiled hearing his playfully groan.
Infinite face palmed with a smile "I can't believe Gadget named her that" Cream laughed cutely and Infinite continued "yes she's doing fine" Cheese smiled at that.
Cream and Cheese took a liking the smallest of the group that Gadget called Fluffy, why? Because she according to Gadget was soft surprisingly. To Infinite no knowledge, Gadget had taken Cream and Cheese down to see the small hidden group under the house. Cream has helped the red wolf feed them and Cream fell for them, so when ever she came over Infinite or Gadget had to take the little bunny down to greet the group and sometimes help feed them.
"Would it be ok, if we saw Fluffy?" Cream asked and Infinte smiled having a feeling she knew he wanted to take a little break from this party.
He booped her nose before speaking "ask Gadget" even before he finished Cream took off towards the wolf leaving Cheese nestled comfortably in Infinite's hair. Infinite watched as Gadget kneeled down to Cream's level as they spoke back and forth before she jumped happily. Infinite was practically pulled from where he was as Gadget laughed as they left the house, ignoring the confused glances. When they reached outside Infinite hoisted Cream up and propped her on his hip as they walked. Not knowing pairs of eyes watched them.
"Can i?" Cream asked as they reached the pile of rocks that was the entrance into the cavern, back at Infinite's and Gadget's house.
Infinte nodded "of course" she reaches out and pushed a rock that looked like Infinite's old mask. With a soft red glow rocks fell away and the jackal set Cream down and allowed her to go first. The little bunny laughed and walked into the tunnel that opened up to the larger cavern. Infinite patted her head as he whistled shrill and loud as the beasts (What Inifinet decided to name them, instead of calling them skinny noodle monsters) awoke and 8 heads looked in the direction of the two.
"Remember what to do?" Infinite asked and Cream nodded and she and Cheese held out their arms as well as Infinite. Despite basically raising them, the Beasts were very territorial and a leader needed to judge who ever entered their territory. If they trusted them, the newcomers were allowed in. If not, they receive a warning growl and the intruder had to leave, if they didn't well they never see the light of day again. Cream and Cheese never expiranced the growl once, but Gadget and Infinte never wanted to take the chance and always have her judged before entering. The leader who Gadget named Duke, stepped forward slowly. His mask was an exact replica of Infinite's old mask, each beasts's mask has a slightly different design. Duke sniffed Cream's hand then Infinite's and also  catching Cheese's scent in the process. With a rumble in his throat, he purred softly and Cream smiled as Duke nuzzled the bunny so gently despite his huge size. Cream walked in the cavern followed by Infinte as Cheese got up and flew into Cream's arms. Duchess, Duke's mate purred as the three patted her mask. Ollie, Penny, Ajax, Coal and Mischeif all came forward and Cream had to say hi to everyone before going to Fluffy. She petted the smallest of the bunch as Cheese joined her, knowing the two wouldn't be harmed the Jackal walked back to Duchess and she nuzzled Infinite as he smiled.
"How are is it doing?" Infinte asked as Duchess purred and she moved so he could see one jet black egg. "Good" Infinite gave her a quick scratch before instantly tensing hearing a threatening snarl come from Duke. He quickly raced forward, having not need to worry for Cream as she was nestled near Fluffy and already passed in entry. "Cream stay where you are!" Infinite called and she saw her nod she looked nervous. Infinite instantly recognized the mobians a few feet inside the territory more then what was allowed and recognized them as two of Sonic's idiotic friends. Knuckles and Amy stood frozen as they stared at Duke eyes wide.
"Both of you back up!" Infinite said as he raced to the two.
"What the.." Amy was cut off as Duke's snarl grew making them cover their ears and with a huge shove, Inifnite pushed them back into the tunnel.
"Stay here!" Infinite said anger lacing his words and he went back to Duke and the Beast lowered his head as Infinite scratched him as Cream raced forward to help. When Duke finally calmed down, but he kept a watchful eye on the entrance. Infinite walked over to the two intruders leaving Cream to pet the Beast and hissed softly so Cream didn't hear the next words "What the hell are you doing here!" He demanded.
"What we're doing?" Amy asked eyeing the jackal "we saw you walk outside with a little girl who's practically my sister and led her here into this monster filled hole, what did you expect us to think?!"
"Oh I don't know, why don't you ask Gadget instead of following me! Since you trust him more" Infinite said "also, What were you thinking for walking into a Beast's territory without being judged! You could have died!"
"Well how were we supposed to know!?" Knuckles spoke up. "You walked off..."
"She wanted to come!!!" Infinite practically shouted earning all of the Beasts to look in the direction and with a quick pat Cream races towards them with Cheese. "She trusts me more then any of you! Gadget, Cream, Vinalla and Cheese are the only ones who seem to trust me! She knows how to handle these creatures because she wanted to know about them! So don't tell me I took her anywhere!"
The two mobians didn't say anything as Cream hugged Infinite's leg "Mr. Infinite?"
"Come on Cream" Infinite spoke trying to contain his anger "let's bring you back to your mother since these two don't trust me with you" Cream took hold of Infinite's hand as he shoved passed Knuckles and Amy. When the four left the entrance, Infinite looked up to see Gadget racing towards them with Sonic and Vinalla following.
"What happened?" Sonic asked as Infinite let go of Cream's hand as Vinalla kneeled infront of her daughter, Amy was surprised to find her not fussing over Cream and Cheese.
Infinite spoke with his body tense "your two idiots of friends thought it was a good idea to followed me" Gadget hugged Infinite as he spoke again the jackal hugging him back as his anger slowly ebbed replaced by a headache "Cream's fine"
Vinalla nodded with a reassuring smile "I know you or Duke would never hurt her" Infinite nodded back as Vinalla continued "I think it's time to head home, it's already late as is"
"Can I come help Mr. Gadget and Mr. Infinite feed them tomorrow?" Cream asked.
Vinalla smiled "It's it ok with them"
Cream turned to look at Infinite and he just smiled "you know you don't have to ask, you can just come over"
Cream smiled before hugging Infinite and Gadget "thank you!" She hugged the others before following her mother and Infinite's smile dropped and he looked at Amy and Knuckles willing them to speak.
"So where did you take Cream and Cheese?" Sonic asked.
"The Beast's territory" Infinite said looking at the blue hedgehog "Cream has been tagging along to see them for months now and they're highly territoryly and don't allow intruders in their territory without being judged"
Amy and Knuckles looked down as Inifinte began to walk as Sonic spoke "can I meet them?"
"Fine whatever" Infinite said not caring as he continued to walk towards his house "Gadget can do it" the red wolf noticed small wisps of red flaking from the Jackal as he walked and the red essence dissapeared into the night. His remaining powers were linked to his emotions.
Just as Infinite had reached the door, he heard hushed voices and saw the trio walk away and Gadget was coming towards the Jackal. The red wolf took Infinite's hand and led him into the house and he sat him down on the couch. Red cubes began to form and dance around the Jackal as he screwed his eyes shut, begging them to go away. Making the headache hurt more.
Infinite let out a breath he didn't realize he was holding as Gadget began to run his fingers softly over the Jackal's temples. Slowly easing the headache and one by one the cubes began to vanish. Infinite leaned into the touch.
Gadget began to open his mouth when Infinite put a finger to the others lips "don't say it's your fault or sorry, it's not." Infinite looked down "Mobians just distrust me....for all the pain I've caused..."
"Infinite" The red wolf said softly before pulling into a hug "not everyone, you just have to give it time.....I'm sorry to drag you to that party"
Infinite returned the hug "Oh please, I told you not to say sorry" he moved his head to gently kiss Gadget's cheek. "Besides, I get to spend an entire day alone with you tomorrow"
"After Cream, Cheese and Sonic come over" Gadget said as he booped his nose to the other's and Infinite sighed softly, a smile pulling at his lips by the others antics.
"Fine" Infinite said as Gadget got up "I'm only doing it for Cream and Cheese, that blue hedgehog better not annoy me"
Gadget rolled his eyes when he noticed the small pout on the other's face, Gadget held out his hand and Infinite took it "come on, let's head to bed"
The jackal nodded the the two headed up stairs to sleep and snuggle together.