Chapter Two

'I see that you have met my new guest!' Mum smiles at Cassandra brightly.

It was Monday, and we were all in the living room in middle of conversation. My best friend smiles back at her. 'I sure have! She is very lovely.' She looks at me and winks. 'We met at the park yesterday and we got to know each other a little bit.' I grin at her, flattered.

Mum then smiles at me. 'So she knows your name then?' Realisation comes to me that I haven't come up with a fake name yet. 'I haven't yet caught your name, dear? I understand if you are a bit shy, I don't mind waiting to find out.' Cassandra stares at me, fidgeting in her spot.

'My name is Patricia!' I blurt out the most random name I can think of. 'My name is Patricia, there I said it. Happy now?' I look at my best friend who frowns at me in disapproval.

Mum looks taken aback before she smiles sweetly. 'Patricia, what a beautiful name!' She exclaims joyfully. 'A bit of a older name I see, just as unique as my daughter Penelope's name! I'm glad there's now a name I can call you by.' It's still awkward hearing my own name from her.

Cassandra's eye flicker to the clock and she jumps off the couch. 'I need to get to school now!' She tells my mum and then looks at me. 'Can Patricia please walk with me today?'

'Of course you girls can walk together, I'm sure your mum won't mind.' Mum smiles before looking at me. 'I'm sure Patricia would need to get out and about too.' We both wave goodbye as we leave my home. Once we are outside in the beautiful weather, Cassandra frowns at me.

'Where did the name Patricia come from, couldn't you come up with something better?' She hisses. I frown at her. 'I was put on the spot, don't blame my quick thinking.'

At school, we usually hang out in our classrooms before class starts, so we both run into the school building and to our classroom. Once inside, I took my seat next to my best friend and got ready for the school day. I look around at my classmates, realising how tall I look right now.

Another thing I notice is how all my classmates are staring at me.

Oh yeah, forgot I was eighteen years old!

'Who are you?' Timmy Findall, the most annoying boy who I know asks. 'Are you stupid, lady? Tell me who you are already!' He shouts, all heads turn towards me and I start to sweat.

My teacher looks at him sternly. 'Timmy, please don't be rude, I'm sure she has a reason that she is here today.' She smiles at me.'Mind explaining who you are to my class?'

'My name is Patricia, and I'm Penelope's older sister who I believe goes to this school.' I slowly start to regret the name choice. 'This was just a bit of an accident.' I stand from my seat.

'I can tell that you are related to Penelope.' Timmy speaks up with a frown like he usually does. 'You both are as ridiculously stupid as each other!' He taunts and then cackles.

'One more time Timothy and I will send you to the principal's office!' The teacher tells him off again and he rolls his eyes. 'You must go to the high school, Patricia. Head off now.'

My best friend looks at me with a disappointed look. 'I'll catch you later.' I whisper to her and walk out of the school building. I then make my way towards the high school.